We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

Hi there. Have read so much about both these hotels I've put myself in a real dilemma of not being able to decide now which one to book for myself and my husband going away in September. It will be our wedding anniversary and a special one too as hopefully I will be told I'm cancer free for 3 years just before we go!

Looking for somewhere with good views, service, food and that isn't too out of the way for getting out and about to see the sites. Azzurro I see has a shuttle bus, Bristol more central. Both look great. Just wonder if anyone feels one has the edge over the other and why? Both are within our price range. Thanks for any info.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,425 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

I can only speak for the Bristol, a short walk into Town views are spectacular,

the other Hotel is a way out but I believe there is a good shuttle, but I think to be near every thing is better, easier to come and go as you want,

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

Thanks Sophie8 - did you find the food and service at Bristol good when you stayed? . If anyone has other suggestions of hotels that might be more suitable too it would be really appreciated. :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,425 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

It was a few years ago that we stayed there, but no problems at, there are some lovely Hotels which are also quite central in the same price range, would not know where to start, but no doubt you will get a lot of suggestions

we did like the Continental , a lot of the Hotels only do B&B now, I have heard but there is a wealth of places to eat out, so no problem

Midlands England
Level Contributor
377 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

We stay at the Capodimonte which is next to the Bristol. The views are SUPERB. It's only a ten minute walk to town.

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

Thanks Sophie8 and Donnieitaly. The Bristol package we may book is half board with the option to have lunch instead of dinner, which we would probably prefer as we love trying new restaurants in the evening :) Bristol sounds like it has lots of positive points. :)

Midlands England
Level Contributor
377 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

The best thing about the Bristol is its only a walk into town. You can't walk from the Azzuro (I've driven past it and couldn't figure out why people would want to stay out that far.) and even the most efficient coach service is limiting.

You'll love Sorrento :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

Thank you once again :) I think we'll be looking at booking up Hotel Bristol. Already looking forward to it.

8. Re: Nastro Azzurro or Hotel Bristol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 22, 2014