We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MeetUp in May?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
MeetUp in May?

We tried this once before in 2010. My wife and I will be returning to Sorrento the second week of May, 2013. If anyone is in Sorrento that week, we would like to meet up at the Fauno Bar one evening. I did run into Ellijay (we all miss you) at a wedding at the Cloisters in 2010 but did not have a chance to do more that say hello. Just a thought but it would be nice to put faces to Trip Advisor monikers.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MeetUp in May?

We will miss you - again. Only missed by a day in 2010 if you remember? We were leaving the day of the roll call.

Are you staying at Villa Terrazza again?

Shame about Ellie falling out with TA for some reason - I always thought she would be back on the Forums but modemUK says she has still been back to Sorrento.

We are recently back but don't go again until June 2013 as are going elsewhere inbetween.

Enjoy your return to Sorrento!

NBB.

Edited: 5:07 am, October 26, 2012
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MeetUp in May?

NBB - They say "timing is everything" and it appears we will miss each other this time as well. I hope to meet some of the other TA folks that week. (Ellijay - we all know you still monitor this forum). And erinuk, we will raise a glass to your 3rd wedding anniversary. Here's to friends we haven't yet met!

Edited: 12:04 pm, October 26, 2012
belleair, florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MeetUp in May?

My sister and I will be in Sorrento from May 6 until May 10. Does that line up with you at all?

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MeetUp in May?

kathyg: Sorry to say we will miss each other by just a day. We arrive Saturday morning May 11th from Capri. Enjoy your time in Sorrento, we always do.

Edited: 10:16 am, October 29, 2012
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MeetUp in May?

You staying on Capri Tripple? Have you done this before?

We did a few nights there a couple of years ago - totally different ambiance in the evening after all the hordes of us tourists have left!

Hope you get a roll call going.

NBB.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
867 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MeetUp in May?

NBB: Yes, we’re spending 3 nights on Capri and looking forward to seeing the island after the day-trippers have taken the last ferry home. I have spent some time on the Capri Forum and am getting lots of great advice and guidance from the DE’s there as well as other TA contributors. I will re-issue a Roll Call for Sorrento as we closer to the May, 2013 timeframe.

Westfield, New York
Level Contributor
603 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MeetUp in May?

We leave Sorrento on May 6th, so darn it, we'll just miss it. We've never been to Sorrento (or Italy in fact!), so we would have loved to meet up with fellow TAer's. We've done meetUps in Hawaii in the past, and it's always so nice to get together after all the time we all spend on TA, lol. Sorry we can't attend, but sure hope you have a nice turnout. Good luck, happy travels!

Schenectady, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MeetUp in May?

will be in sorrento May 6th -12th. I cannot wait

9. Re: MeetUp in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 04, 2013