We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Teesside
Level Contributor
50 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hiya

I am getting married in May 2013 just wondered if there are any other 2013 brides out there to share hints and tips with?

x

Crawley
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
111. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hi all,

We're getting married on 17th September at Cloisters. We went out to sorrento last weekend for a look around and to find a reception venue for our party of 29. Our 3 choices were foreigners club, parruciano's and palazzo marziale. We ended up deciding on Palazzo Marziale, it's absolutely beautiful!! We were originally swaying towards foreigners club before we got out there and when we visited it really does have the most amazing view! Stunning! We decided not go there in the end as there were 4 weddings there that day so far, all with similar numbers to us and we would of all been quite close together so it put us off, could've coped with one other wedding but not 4 potentially more come the big day. Parruciano's also has an amazing setting, it has a really lovely little lemon garden that's kind of separated from the rest of the restaurant so feels a lot more private, lovely place. We decided on palazzo marziale because we literally fell in love the moment she opened the door and we stepped in. It's very Italian and has the wow factor. It has a beautiful terrace which is perfect for a wedding. It is literally directly opposite the cloisters so guests don't have to walk far, we get the place exclusive to ourselves and there is so much included for the price that it makes it far better value than anywhere else which from looking at the place you wouldn't think, you'd think it would be far pricier. The lady who runs it was also the most flexible out of everyone, she was very open to all our suggestions and she has agreed for us to have part of our drinks/canapé reception in the public gardens next to cloisters so we can still enjoy the view.

Whilst there I found a great little salon to get nails done if anyone's looking? It's called glamour and is 2 mins away from cloisters. It's 20 euros for a French manicure, was better than any I've had done here! We also found a little shop round the corner from cloisters called 'the corner shop' which we are using for our favors, we're having little limoncello bottles, they are 2.50 euro a bottle which is cheaper than we found them anywhere else.

We've booked everything else through Thomson wedding planners who have been absolutely brilliant and we couldn't have organised anything without them!

I can't wait for september now, sorrento's a beautiful place and the perfect setting for a wedding! We're all very lucky to be getting married there :-)

Teesside
Level Contributor
50 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
112. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hi Claire

Thanks for posting your report I think it will be helpful to all of us! We are having our reception at O'Parrucciano coz the pics we have seen look gorgeous, what did you think of it when you visited?

Also the salon you have spotted, do they do hair as well? As we are all having trouble finding a decent place that is not going to brake the bank!!!

Any other tips you can share on what you have seen etc would be great for those of us who have not visited sorrento before.

Thanks

Hx

Crawley
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
113. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hello,

We thought parruciano's was lovely, if we were going to have our reception there we would have it in the part that's under all the lemon trees that's kind of separate from the rest of the restaurant, how many people will you have? We will have 29 and its a perfect size for that number so I would request that area. It's like a bi garden because there's so many different trees and flowers everywhere. We went with palazzo marziale in the end because it was the same price but we get a lot more for our money and it was a bit more flexible for what we wanted. But it's a beautiful setting so I'm sure you'll love it!

With the nail place they do hair aswell, they had a price list in the window and I remember seeing they do bridal hair but I can't really remember the prices, I think it was 80€. They were great for nails but I'm not sure about hair, their English was pretty limited so I don't know if you'd have a problem describing what you want. I've booked my hair through Thomson so I didn't pay too much attention to it, sorry! Also, they do acrylic and gel nails there but again I'm not sure how good they are as I just a French polish done on my own nails.

Are you getting married in cloisters? What's your thoughts on people seeing it before your actual wedding? Are you wanting to keep it a surprise for the actual ceremony?

Claire x

Teesside
Level Contributor
50 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hi

Sounds fab we have the same amount of guests too so should be perfect. I have seen photos of the restaurant and you tube vids so really excited to see it in the flesh!

I was going to take a few magazine cuttings with me in case I can find a decent hair salon, but otherwise I'm gonna get my mum to do my hair I think!

We are getting married at the cloisters too but, to be honest Claire I didn't even think people would go to the cloisters before the actual day! And I suppose it would kinda spoil the wow factor, I am now hoping nobody goes on a little pre-wedding trip there lol!!!

So have you got everything organised?

Hx

Crawley
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
115. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

We didn't think they would either until we were there. We are having flowers put in and chair covers etc and really wanted it to be a surprise and wanted it to be the first time people saw it on the actual day. I found some stuff on different forums so checked with our wedding planner from Thomson and she confirmed that the reps of the hotels do a free 'walkabout' of sorrento and take them to the public gardens next to cloisters which is literally right outside so people will probably see it as its right there, they also take them to foreigners club aswell so if any of your guests are doing package holiday And you want to keep it a surprise i would ask them not to do that tour or visit those places until the day. We're asking ours not to do it as we don't want them to see it all until the day. Also, if you're having flowers and chair covers etc put in, they won't be able to do that Until the wedding prior to yours (if there is one) has had all their flowers etc removed and they've left, so the florist could be taking your decorations in whilst your guests are waiting outside so again they'll see it before its ready. What our wedding planner said is that in the public gardens there is a bar/cafe that will be open which is kind of round the back of cloisters so we are going to ask our guests to arrive about 30-40 mins before the ceremony is due to start and they will be ushered to that bar for pre-ceremony drinks whilst they get it ready for us and no one will be able to see then. It also means people can enjoy the view and take their own photos before we all go back and have official photos taken. Just thought its worth mentioning as I didn't think about any of this until we were there and were talking to wedding planner. I'm quite fussy though and want everything to be a surprise so am probably being really pedantic, if you don't mind then it won't be an issue I'm sure.

Yeah I think we're pretty sorted now, just odds and ends to sort really, what about you? Who have you booked through? What kind of dress are you having? :-)

Xx

Teesside
Level Contributor
50 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Omg I totally didn't think of any of that I'm glad you mentioned it. Our wedding is at 4:30 so there will more than likely be a wedding before ours! I'm like you and trying to keep it all a surprise which is proving difficult!

We have booked through Thomson too it's been so easy to organise everything. All we need to do now is pack and go really, which I'm scared of coz of the weight allowance!!!! I'm counting down the weeks too!

My dress is fairly traditional in shape and style, I figured its the only chance I'm gonna wear a gorgeous big dress, so I'm going for it! What about you? Do you have a theme for your wedding?

Hx

enfiels
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
117. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hi I'm getting married in Italy Sorrento July 1st 2013 so excited.

I'm going out there a few days before wedding as the prices the wedding planner has quoted for hair for bridesmaids and mothers was so high 70 euro. wedding car from hotel to town hall one way was also high 160 euros for a ten minute drive.

Does anyone know any wedding car hire agencies and hairdressers in sorrento that have reasonable prices?

xxxxx

Edited: 12:39 pm, April 28, 2013
essex
6 posts
Save Reply
118. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Please could someone give me some advice. My brother & sis in law are planning to get married in Sorrento next year and love the look of cloisters. The one thing that is putting her off is tat the travel agent told her the registrar would have to see them together before they got married and not seperately. This has really bothered her as this obviously kind of spoils her big moment and defeats the object of not seeing the groom before hand etc. Please could someone tell me if this is the case or if the registrar can see you seperately, and any info or advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks Kate

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
119. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

Hello Kate

I'm getting married at the Cloisters in Sorrento in June (very excited!)

I haven't heard of anyone having to do this before now? I am using Sorrento Sunland wedding planners and they are sorting all the paperwork and legalities for us before we arrive - including the release of the nulla osta - so we dont have to see the registrar beforehand.

Are you sure they don;t mean they have the see the registrar a couple of days before the wedding as opposed to just before the ceremony?

Hope they get sorted!

Kate :)

120. Re: Any 2013 Sorrento Brides???!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:12 am, May 15, 2013