We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

I am planning a trip to Sorrento in September with my boyfriend. My are hoping to stay for a week. I was a little disapointed to hear that the beaches are not very good so really want to find a hotel with the best pool and poolside bar. Most of the hotels look amazing but I am looking for quite a trendy hotel that will be the most suitable for drinking by the pool each day. Any ideas?

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

Hmmm. Not sure. However, I have stayed at a few. My favourite at the moment is the Hilton, especially if you book an executive room. The Hilton has a beautiful indoor pool for if the weather does a UK, and a brilliant array of six small outdoor pools of varying depths and sizes that all cascade into one. It also has a brilliant poolside bar.

However, the creme de la creme is the infinity pool on the roof looking over the Bay of Naples to Vesuvious. This is only accessible to people with executive access. The executive club also serves breakfast, refreshments and snacks all day, afternoon tea, happy hour - all complimentary. For me one of the most peaceful and relaxing places in Sorrento. Trendy? Not sure, but you can always use the pool. It is quite expensive though!

Edited: 7:42 am, May 10, 2012
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

We're staying at the hotel plaza, the pool and bar on the roof are very small but it is certainly a more modern and contemporary hotel compared to others, plus it's eco friendly!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

Trendy & with the best pool area?

Most accommodations are traditional in style.

Plaza is probably the most modern but wouldn't say best pool for swimming. Probably drinking though!

NBB.

New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

By far the BEST pool hotel is Grand Hotel Capodimonte. It is a cascading series of pools. Check this blog wanderlustwomentravel.com/2011/…

5. Re: Best poolside hotel in Sorrento?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:43 am, June 23, 2013