We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Hi there -- me again, with more Naples>Sorrento ferry questions!

So, I'm trying to book a reservation for Alilauro hydrofoil service to and from Sorrento and I seem to be hitting a snag. I say "seem to be" because, as my Italian is hopeless, I can't figure out what's going wrong. I'm trying to book a round trip for June 8, with a return on June10, for 2 adults with 2 bags. I get an error message from the site ("Non ci sono parteneze per questo tipo di itinerario. Scegliere un\'altro percorso oppure cambia la data di partenza.") which Google translates to "There are parteneze for this type of route. Choose an \ 'other path, or changes the date of departure." Apparently "parteneze" is as confusing to Google as the rest of the wonderful Italian language is to me <grin>.

Any ideas? My best guess is that they don't accept reservations this far in advance (40 days doesn't seem too far, but who knows ...) but I can't find any info to sort it out better.

Gregg

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

"Don't bother trying" would be my advice!

Lots of complaints about the site not working - and I can't remember the last time anyone reported success....

Shouldn't be the need to do anything but turn up and buy your tickets on the day - from the offices on the landward-side of the building whose green roof you can perhaps just see a tiny part of, in the foreground here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132449571

The one you need should say Alilauro - and have a "Sorrento" notice up!

Think we did this, but.... for times, see:

www.alilauro.it/orari.php…

... and do check again nearer your travel day!

Peter

PS - you'll also save the €3 booking fee!

Edited: 11:13 am, April 24, 2012
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Ack! You mean I can't dot-my-I's and cross-my-T's a month in advance? This is very challenging to my traveller's OCD ... <grin>

Thank again for your help, Peter!

Gregg

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Don't know of anyone using them, but I think there are probably ferry-ticket sales websites from whom you could get them... although, at some point, you'll have to face up to Italy's disorganised reality!

And if it softens the blow, I've certainly read of people being able to buy them for the return leg a day or two in advance, from the booths down at Sorrento's harbourside ...

Peter

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

LOL -- maybe I'll try to just take a deep breath and wait until I get to Naples to buy my tickets. Worst case they're all booked up and I have to go back to Centrale and take the Circumvesuviana.

Who am I kjidding: I'll be trying to pre-buy the tickets every day until I get there. But I am going to just go ahead and lie to all of you and say I'm just going to relax already. <grin>

On the "onmygodsoexcited!" side, just switched our hotel res in Rome from Hotel Diolcleziano (which looked fine, but which had a location I wasn't exactly thrilled with from a "walking around in the evenings" perspective) to Deko Rome (which, if I don't stop blathering excitedly about, likely will cause my wife to just skip the whole trip and stay home because I'm driviing her nuts about it!). I need to stop obsessing about this <sigh>.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Gregg - crikey, that's some approval rating they've racked up!

A new game for you, to serve as a distraction?

Work out how to schedule your sites and sights in Rome to get best value from the three days' validity of the €30 RomaPass....

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2

Here's the list of places it covers - two prepaid entrances, then reduced prices at the others...

romapass.it/doc/sitiAderentiCostoBiglietti_e…

Hours of fun, and an untold number of possible combinations!

Peter

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Thanks Peter! (shuffles off to start making charts and graphs and lists ...)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Can't beat a good chart!

Take your pick...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/some_stats

Peter

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

LOL! I'm impressed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

Gregg,

I'm faced with a similar challenge of trying to purchase tickets in advance for the ferry from Naples to Sorrento. My aunt will be arriving on a cruise ship and would like to spend the day in Sorrento so we thought it would be better if she had the tickets in advance so as not to run the risk of the ferry being sold out before she was able to disembark from the ship. To date though, I've been defeated by the Alilauro website. Did you ever have any luck getting tickets before you arrival? Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated. I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alilauro from Naples to Sorrento in June

See reply #1 and #3...

For a printable version of the timetable through to mid-September, try:

alilauro.it/oraridal15Giugnoal15Settembre.pdf

Peter