We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

There is a significant difference in price, is the grand Royal that much better than the grand hotel de la ville?

perth scotland
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

There seems to be a significant difference in the current TA ratings also..

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

I saw the reviews, but not sure what to think.

Burntwood Staffs UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

As many of us would say the best is DLV as would say the Royal.

I prefer DLV but the Royal has distinct location advantages.

Reviews are purely subjective and I often find that some of my favourite resaurants are rubished by others.

I don't think you will go wrong with either hotel, they are both in the same group.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

To me they Grand Royal and the Grand de la ville seem VERY different in look and feel on "paper". Am I missing something. The De la Ville seems much less posh and maybe geared toward an older crowd. Plus doesn't it have a view of apartment buildings. I don't seem to be getting a clear picture???????. I don't care about food, I plan on going out. Pool definite bonus.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

Having only stayed (frequently) at the Royal and not at the DLV would say that 'on paper' they do seem very different. Think the Royal does appear to be 'more posh'.

The Royal is in a great location, nice pool in lush gardens, stunning views of Vesuvius & the Bay of Naples, private bathing platform on the sea, friendly staff, excellent lunchtime snack bar, decent breakfasts. We book B&B and dine out at night. Sea view rooms come at a hefty premium, others at the front of the Hotel overlook a busy road. Traditional in style & attracts varying age groups.

Think probably the difference in price to the DLV is because of the location & sea access.

Hope this helps.

NBB.

perth scotland
Level Contributor
133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

DLV guests can use the bathing facility(ies) at the Royal if they wish..

7. Re: Grand Hotel de la villle or Grand Hotel Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 28, 2013