We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Recently been to Sorrento and fell in love with it, met up with Alessandra from the book of dreams and went through some locations.

We plan to get married June 2013 in the Catholic church in Positano then possibly have reception at the Relais Blu. Only having very small reception 9-15 ppl max an ive been stressing bout entertaiment in the evening with only having a small wedding party. Any suggestions or Ideas greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
647 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Why don't u hire a local mandolin player? Have him for couple of hours as it will fit in with the theme whilst u have dinner. Later on I would take an iPod filled with my fav songs to have a little dance too. I believe your reception venue will have a pa system u can plug the iPod into.

We are looking at June 2013 also, marrying at the cloisters but havent pick a reception venue yet. Visiting in April to find a place.

Edited: 6:36 am, October 29, 2011
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Hi, I have booked my wedding for next summer in the cloisters where we are having the string quartet play and then a mandolin player to walk us over to our reception venue for cocktails at the palazzo marziale and then we're going to make up a play list of classical/italian songs during dinner on cd. Then we've hired a jazz/swing band (think its 1300 for 4 hours), and then for after 12 we're doing another playlist for after hours dancing! It all depends how important u think music is to your wedding hun, I love music and my wedding planners have told us you just can't beat the live music in italy really gets the goosebumps going and adds to the feel. Its an expensive lark but to me more important than flowers/favours etc! But whatever the weather ur wedding will be fab!! Hehe. Love em

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Hi,

where are you having your wedding reception?

We also love music and want a big party but many places shut at 12am :(

Thanks

Freckle x

England
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Hi, we have booked our wedding at the Cloisters for next year with Rosanna at Orange Blossom Wedding Planner and are very happy about all their very good and helpful suggestions and services! www.italy-weddingplanner.com

We are having our Reception at Foreigner's Club on the beautiful outdoor terrace with amazing sea views! There is a live band playing music from 8 pm till 11.30 pm already included in the price and you can also dance! Then you can go to a local night club or disco pub indoor for music after midnight ...

Good luck and very best wishes,

xxx

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Hi,

We had our reception at Relais Blu and didn't have any entertainment, just sitting on the Terrace with cocktails was enterainment enough. The views are to die for. Like yours it was a small wedding so didn't feel the need to sort entertainment out. We decided to have an evening reception when we got home instead.

The relais does play music and I'm sure if you asked them to play some of your songs they would.

You could then go to The Foreigners Club later in the evening to dance. Its a restaurant with a huge terrace and has live music, according to a previous post the only downside is that you may come accross another wedding party. They do wedding receptions there but the terrace will be shared by everyone using the restaurant.

Hope this helps

Nikki

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

We are having our reception at the Palazzo Marziale and payed for a music license for outside until 12 and then we can have music playing inside until whenever we desire!!We have private use of the terrace from 4.30 onwards. I found it very difficult to find a reception venue that catered for this and am very happy with our decision! We booked through thomson and the 3 wedding planners I deal with are second to none. Let me know how you get on x

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

This is great thank you so much.

I'm going to email them straight away!

Are you having a wedding planner or use the planner at the venue?

Are you having the ceremony at the cloisters or the venue?

Good luck with your wedding!

x

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

We're having our ceremony at the cloisters and palazzo marziale is apparently very very close, just a walk across the road I think! Because we booked throught thomson we got our ceremony,wedding planners, bouquet,buttonholes,sparkling wine and a cake in our package. The three wedding planners I talk to are lovely and so helpful. I have only talked through wedding planners to her, but much prefer the menu choices there than anywhere we looked!

X

birkenhead
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

I agree with Emfaye, we also booked our wedding through Thompson and all though at first i was panicking over dates because of the travel agents but as soon as i contacted the wedding planners direct, they have been absolutely fantastic!!! Couldnt as for more very very helpful and they get back to you within minutes :-) we get married in May at the Cloisters and then the foreigners club. we came over in October to meet the wedding planna Rosaria who took us around approximately 10 venues and in the end we went with the foreigners club the manager Gianni is VERY helpful, at first from this forum i was un easy about being in the same venue possibly as another bridal party but when we visited we were shown how personal ours would be< and the food is beautiful! Soo exciting! x

Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorrento Wedding Reception ideas

Aww that sounds fab! I thought about the foreigners club too but changed my mind in the end really love the look of palazzo marziale! Good luck for your wedding hun x

Get answers to your questions about Sorrento