We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

If using Capodichino, of several ways to get to places such as Pompei and Sorrento (either as a destination in itself, or to then continue on to Positano, Amalfi etc), one of the simplest and most economical is on board the buses of the private Curreri Viaggi line, whose website is here....

http://www.curreriviaggi.it/

Click on the Union Jack symbol for an English version, and then on the "Bus routes" tab.

A few notes:

1. To either destination, oneway tickets - which you purchase from the driver - are currently €10. First come, first served - with no advance bookings accepted!

2. The journey time to Sorrento is scheduled for 75 minutes, but can vary with the traffic.

3. The site shows year-round daily departures from Sorrento at:

06:30, 08:30, 09:00, 10:30, 12:00, 14;00, 15:00 and 16:30

... and from the airport (the stop is only yards from the Arrivals building exit) at:

09:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:30, 16:30, 18:00 and 19:30

In Sorrento the stop is near the town's Circumvesuviana railway station - and handy, for instance, if continuing on by SITA bus to the villages of the Amalfi Coast.

See the website for details of stops in other resorts along the way. For some you may have to tell the driver on boarding - so he knows to take an appropriate route!

If in doubt, email them using the form on the "Contacts" tab, or phone on 081.80.15.420 or 081.80.16.376

Peter

PS.... A slight oddity: the site shows one can go from the airport to Pompei, but offers no service for the return journey - so you'd need to find an alternative!

110 replies to this topic
San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Jill,

That journey fro Sorrento to Naples on the Circumvesuviana train is one of the easiest trips I've made with my rolling suitcase, my husband, and my older age. Please don't be apprehensive of it.

The little station area at Sorrento is quiet, no drama, and even sleepy at times. You buy your cheap ticket before you travel at the station.

Edited: 11:00 pm, September 26, 2012
Drumnadrochit...
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Thanks so much :) that really put my mind at ease!

I've decided to go for the bus on the way there and the train on the way back.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Hi All,

I was kindly directed to this thread from a question I raised elsewhere on the forum applicable to travel from Naples airport to Sorrento.

I am arriving with my Mum on 14th October at 10.45am and I am assuming based on previous threads that I would probably be best going for the 12.00 bus to Sorrento, which I understand now leaves from outside the Arrivals hall, rather than Departures?

Coming back I am leaving on 17th October and need to be in the airport for an 11.20am flight, so I would need to get the 8.30am bus, or would it make sense to get the 6.30am bus or instead use the train?

All help much appreacited.

Thanks Sam

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

A quick update, after some changes in the road layout at Capodichino...

At Terminal 1, the ANM Alibus and other 'public transport' lines are now all sharing a single large stopping area - where they both drop off and take on their passengers!

It's situated immediately outside the entrance to "Departures" - for pictures etc see:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/alibus

That's the place to go not only for the Alibus but also the ones going a bit further - as listed by GESAC here:

…gesac.it/portal/…Autobus

Peter

London, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Apologies if this question has already been posted (I haven't had a chance to read the whole of this thread!) - we are going to Sorrento at the end of this month, and plan to get the Curreri bus from Naples airport. I know that the bus stops at Pompeii along the way, and we'd like to visit there since we're landing in the morning and can't check into our hotel until after 3pm.

What I'd like to know is, can you break your journey, visit the ruins and then pick up another bus to Sorrento later in the day, using the same ticket? Or would we have to pay twice? I tried to check the fares just to Pompeii on the website, and it says it's still 10euros. So I'm confused!

If anyone could shed any light on this then I'd be very grateful :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Not something I've tried, but it does sound like wishful thinking?

Tickets for the train cost just €2.20 - with departures every 30 minutes or so!

Peter

l9sym
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Hi, the curreri web site is currently showing departures from the airport to sorrento at 16:30 and then next one at 19:30 - there is no mention of the 18:00 departure which is a shame as my plane gets in at 16:15 and i don't realy want to wait for 3 hours. It may be that the site is currently showing the winter schedule, would you know when the summer schedule starts? - i can't find any info on their website - I travel on May 4th.

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

Hi!

Reply # 26 tells of what happened last year - when someone had emailed them in June, and got a reply that began:

"Good morning from Curreri Travel,

Our schedule from Naples Airport to Sorrento:

• From 1st May 2012: 09.00 – 11.00 – 12.00 – 13.00 – 14.30 – 16.30 – 18.00 – 19.30 "

But I've no idea whether they'll do quite the same this time round... otherwise, Alibus into Naples and the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento?

Peter

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

I'm i assuming that Curreri Bus from the departure building no longer runs directly to Sorrento or did I ge this misunderstood.

Just want to get to Sorento from NAPLES AIRPORT, we arrive at noon in September and does the bus leave for Sorrento from the arrival or departure part of the airport.

Thank You

V

70. Re: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 pm, April 28, 2013

Reply to: To and from Naples airport on the Curreri bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted