We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The cost of eating and drinking out? pls reply?

Naj
London
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The cost of eating and drinking out? pls reply?

Could some advice me on how i could expect to spend on eating out lunches/dinner

and how much drinks wine / beer will cost?

Thank you

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The cost of eating and drinking out? pls reply?

Prices vary greatly.we paid anything from 3 euros to 6 euros for a beer depending on the area.street cafes outside in the main tourist areas being thre most expensive.a pizza will cost anything from 5 -15 euros with the same rules applying.resturant prices vary greatly,but I think you will find prices on a par with the UK.The higher quality the resturant the more you will pay.All the places usually have a menu and price list clearly displayed outside.Wine is a great deal cheaper to drink than beer.

Our cheapest meal last week was in Ercolano (herculeneum) in a small pizza place 2 big excellent tasting pizzas plus a beer each for 15.50 euros including cover charge.

Whatch out for cover charges in some resturants most only charge 1 or 2 euros but some will charge a great deal more.

for lunch sandwiches of various types are available from many places and are very good and reasonably priced.

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The cost of eating and drinking out? pls reply?

Hi, The good news is that you're not likely to be served a bad meal in Sorrento anywhere - though you can avoid paying over the odds by not dining in Piazza Tasso (the main square) There are some good fish restaurants down at Marina Grande, built out on piers on the Bay. Zi'Antonio Mare for example 51 Euros for 2 persons a 3 course meal with wine and coffee. Watch out for a credit card charge of up to 5 euros per transaction though.