We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand hotel De la Ville

London, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand hotel De la Ville

Can anyone tell me if you have stayed here? If so what is it like location wise? I am struggling to find a hotel for my honeymoon/Wedding stay for me, Partner and baby! at an affordable rate...

Any ideas welcome!!!

Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,627 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

HayleyLondon_UK, are you getting married in Sicily, Sardinia, Sorrento or Portugal??

Vagabonda

London, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

Any USEFUL comments welcome..

If it is absolutely vital that you need to know why i am researching many different locations - as you seem to be checking..(!) is that i had to cancel my wedding in Sicily and then was stuck on places to marry - hence why i was asking for info so i could choose what suited me best.

Hope this is ok the fact that i have gone onto various forums to see what is oout there - silly me i thought that is what Tripadvisor was all about

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,627 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your wedding plans in Sicily and wish you well on your quest to find the perfect wedding destination for you.

Vagabonda

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

Hi Hayley,

Just got back from this hotel with my boyfriend we went 2nd May for a week. Its amazing really really nice hotel staff are lovely especially in the restaurant food was aamzing and they cater for children really well there were a few there during our stay. Location wise its only about a 5 min walk to the main piazza where you will find lots going on and to get to the harbour is about another 5 min walk although with a buggy maybe difficult as you have to go down a lot of steps to get there!! Anything else you need to know just ask!

Norwich
Level Contributor
9 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

I stayed in this hotel several years ago and it couldn't be more central. It's just round the corner to the main square but on the quiet cliff road. It's a good standard and very friendly.

My friend had a civil ceremony in the cloisters of the church in Sorrento 2 years ago and the photos were magical! This may be an idea to pursue if you don't have a venue yet. she then had photos taken in the park on the cliff with fantastic views as a backdrop.

I have travelled all around the world but Sorrento is my favourite place - going back there in June. It's very romantic but also fun with so much to do on your doorstep.

I don't think you could do better - good luck!

6. Re: Grand hotel De la Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 28, 2009