We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

I have booked to stay at the Grand Hotel Royal in May, staying on Halfboard basis, only option with Tour Operators. (Although we do prefer dining in restaurants out and about, which is all part of the fun of holidays.

However, we are looking forward to it, as Sorrento was the very first location we went to on our very first time in Italy...many years ago now.

Just want to revisit our first romantic memories of Sorrento.......and beautiful Italy

Does anyone have any comments about this hotel they would like to share with me?

To be honest our expectations are high.......we paid extra for sea view room..........quite a lot of money really.

Hope we are not disappointed........when you have more holidays behind you and a lot less in front, I suppose expectations do get higher.

I have just read that back! hope I dont sound too stuffy.....as I am not really..

Thanks to anyone for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Bell

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
772 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

Hi Bell,

We stayed at the Grand Royal in 2006 and loved it. Mind you we didn't have a sea view room.

We enjoyed the meals in the restaurant. Like you we like to go to restaurants so the next time we go we'll book direct with the hotel and go B & B.

The staff were lovely as well.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

NikkIJ

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,409 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

I have not stayed at the Royal but I am sure you will have no regrets, Lovely Hotel, Lovely Location

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

Many Thanks to you both for your replies

Kind Regards

Bell

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

Hi Bel!

You are right to have high expectations of the Grand Royal - it is expensive! I remember when we booked last year it was the most money my husband and I had ever spent on a holiday! Like you, however, we've got less time to get things right! Goodness, not thinking of turning up my toes yet though!

If you read my review on TA (I posted it on our return last August - you have to go back quite a bit in the reviews) I think that I've covered most aspects.

The sea view was wonderful - ring the hotel direct to see if you can get the 5th floor. Its high enough to see over the trees in the garden but not up in the slopey ceiling rooms on the 6th floor.

The staff were wonderful, the pool always clean and the gardens a real haven after a busy day.

Have a wonderful time - I feel really envious now!

Do contact me if you have any specific questions and I'll see what I can remember!

5. Re: Grand Hotel Royal Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 23, 2009