We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand hotel Hermitage

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
157 reviews
Grand hotel Hermitage

we are thinking about going here in the summer both in our forties and our 15 year old son,been to sant agnello couple of years ago ,i know there is a path from the hotel into the town but is it lit,(worried about son walking back himself after meal if me and wife stay for a nightcap)is there enough good resturants and bars so we dont have to keep going back to the same ones is there any shops to walk round at night and finally i seen a bus timetable for buses down to Sorrento they seem to be about one a hour is this correct ,thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,204 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

Would of throught there were more Buses from Sorrento to S.Agnello, than one an hour, I do know this Hotel is aq little out of the way, quite an upward walk,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

sorry sophie,my post is confusing,the hotel hermitage we are thinking of going to is in Sant Agata,we have been to sant agnello a couple of years ago , i was talking about the bus timetable between Sant Agata and Sorrento

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,204 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

Oh probably right, would think the Bus service there is a bit sparse,

Sorrento, Italy
Level Contributor
646 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

the hotel Hermitage is on the way between S.Agata (very quiet village uphill) an Sorrento: it is not possible to walk to Sorrento as it is a bit far (about 40-45 min. walking distance and coming back it's steep), there should be a courtesy bus, but in the evening you have to use the taxi (expensive!).

In Sorrento town it is plenty of restaurants and shops (in summertime shops shut at about 10pm). Not many bars and pubs, insteady: 3-4 pubs, a modern style bar and a couple of wine bars.

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
5. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

I suggest you stay in Sorrento or maybe even Sant'Agnello, once Sant'Agata is not a place for people that like to move around.

Sant'Agata is Beautiful together with Massa Lubrenses but bus services are limited, but if you do not mind to call a cab, that is the easier to reach Sorrento (facilities and the train station and the marina etc...).

Try something in Sorrento or Sant'Agnello, Meta or Piano, being close to the train station on this places as they are part of the Circumvesuviana line (regional train system).

For you to understand on a map, coming from Naples, you will find in order: Meta, Piano, Sant'agnello and sorrento, and then the train ends. Then towards the south of sorrento you will find Sant'Agata, Massa Lubrense, which are not served by train, only by limited bus service , cars or taxis (do not rent a car, it is not worth it).

Take Care. Let me know if you need any further help

Cinthya

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
157 reviews
6. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

thanks for the replies,we dont want to stay in sorrento itself,we have stayed in sant agnello 2 years ago and enjoyed it,the problem is we dont want to go half/full board to a hotel which we were the last time because there is so many excellent resturants to try,i have heard there are some nice resturants in sant agata and we would also get the bus into sorrento itself some evenings,so as my fist post says i was wondering about the bus service between sant agata and sorrento, are they one every hour or more frequent,and if anybody else can answer my questions in my first post that would be great

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
7. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

we are thinking about going here in the summer both in our forties and our 15 year old son,been to sant agnello couple of years ago,i know there is a path from the hotel into the town but is it lit,(worried about son walking back himself after meal if me and wife stay for a nightcap)

>>> No need to worry in Sant'Agnello

is there enough good resturants and bars so we dont have to keep going back to the same ones is there any shops to walk round at night and finally i seen

>>> Yes, there are lots of restaurants in SA and in Meta and Piano.

a bus timetable for buses down to Sorrento they seem to be about one a hour is this correct ,thanks

SHOULD BE BUT KEEP THE TRAIN IN MIND AS WELL, BETWEEN SORRENTO AND VICO EQUENSE (TAHT INCLUDES SANT'AGNELLO), THERE IS A TRAIN CALLED METROBUS (THEY CALL IT HERE NAVETTA) TAHT IS A SHUTTLE TRAIN TO ALL THESE CITIES CLOSE BY SORRENTO AND THEY RUN UNTIL 11PM AND LATER ON THE BUS IS REALLY EVERY HOUR, MAYBE IF YOU COME TO SORRENTO A QUICK CAB OR SOMETIMES THE HOTELS HAVE TRANSPORTATION ON A COMPLIMENTARY BASIS DEPENDS WHERE YOU STAY.

TAKE CARE

CINTHYA

hope this helps

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
157 reviews
8. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

Dear Sorrentoinfo ,i dont think i made myself clear,the hotel we are looking at staying in is the Hermitage in Sant Agata not Sant Angello,all my questions relate to Sant Agata,sorry for any confusion

Sorrento
Level Contributor
678 posts
9. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

Hello,

Sant'Agata is not well connected to Sorrento. There are buses that will run with limitations but as the hotel is on the Road to Sant'Agata, it will run. Remember that the bus services are not that frequent, but the last one runs at around 10:30pm and 11pm. It is quite deserted area, but with absolutely no worries in case your son wants to come back earlier.

Shops will be open until around 10pm, some even at 11pm.

The only other transportation is taxi. However, check with the hotel that they will have their shuttle service even past midnight. Majority of hotels here during summertime do have their transportation and should be complimentary.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Cinthya

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
157 reviews
10. Re: Grand hotel Hermitage

thanks sophie,the hotel does run a courtesy bus but it is limited to twice early morning and twice early evening,so its not a regular service (i think) according to my research that i have done,any other info regarding this hotel and its location by anybody would be great and any answers regarding my first post would also be greatly appreciated