We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer In Italy villa rental

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
162 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Summer In Italy villa rental

What feedback can anyone give me regarding Summer-In-Italy villa rentals? We are specifically looking at Villa Azzurra A, and I'm wondering if anyone has stayed there. I am traveling with my family (husband, teenage son, 9-yr-old twins, 71-yr-old mother) and would love a quieter setting, where we can put our feet up after a long day sightseeing.

Also, I'm in a quandry over hotel vs villa for the six of us. The villa allows us to have common spaces, a kitchen for coffee and a quick breakfast, and a place to ourselves. However, as first-timers in Sorrento, wanting to explore the Amalfi Coast, Naples, and possibly Capri, we may benefit from having a hotel concierge to help us figure out public transportation, weather for the Blue Grotto visit feasibility, et al.

I'd kindly appreciate your input. I am already so grateful for TripAdvisor -- the advice has always been invaluable!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,671 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer In Italy villa rental

Would not worry about the transport methods from Sorrento all very easy, and a wealth of information on this site, do not know that company but there are plenty of rental companies in the area,would probaly be nice with a mixed age group,

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer In Italy villa rental

As Sophie says, public transport really is not a problem in Sorrento. Train and bus station are in the centre near the main Tasso Square and go to Pompeii, Herculaneum, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello. Ferries run regularly from Marina Piccolo (the main harbour) to Capri, Ischia and the above. Timetables are available from Tourist Information at the 'Foreigners Club'.

Locals speak really good English so could easily direct you to the above.

Don't know the rental company or the villa - sorry - but the idea of that type of accommodation does sound good for your group.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer In Italy villa rental

Summer In Italy have a good reputation also try WWW.amalfiaccommodation.com based in Amalfi

4. Re: Summer In Italy villa rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 05, 2009