We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water reliability in Salerno

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Water reliability in Salerno

We are planning to stay in Salerno for about 4 days in April. We read the 2008 posts that the water supply in the city is often unexpectedly turned off for extended periods. Does this still happen in 2011?

Is there a better option as a base convenient for rail and bus transport for touring the Naples - Paestum region?

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water reliability in Salerno

Dear Aussie Travellers,

there is no water supply problem in Salerno. Sometimes it happens but the do inform us. Salerno is the best place where to stop and visit Paestum, Naples and the Amalfi Coast. If you stay at the Hotel Plaza at the main station down town Salerno you can take the bus to Paestum and Naples in a very short walking distance. Also the ferries to Capri and Amalfi are in walking distance from the Hotel. I organise mediterranean tours for US-Students and Indiviual travellers and they love the Plaza because of its location (and the very friendly staff). Besides that it is located on the "shopping mile" and is a couple of minutes from the old town. Salerno is a beautiful, safe and friendly town where you can enjoy real mediterranean way of life... I am sorry I will not be there in april as my students are coming in march, mai and june. If you need more information ask me again!

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water reliability in Salerno

Hi Adenove,

Thank you very much for your information. That is very helpful, and we will now finalize our plans for Salerno. Just one more question - we fly out of Naples airport at mid-day on a Friday. Is it practical to travel from Salerno by bus (or train) to the airport that morning?

Thank you!!

Aussie Travellers

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water reliability in Salerno

Dear Aussie Travellers,

there is a bus just in front of the arrivals in Naples. Pay attention you don't get the bus to Sorrento leaving from the same place. It is a Buonotourist Bus. At what time are you arriving in Naples? The last drive starts at 07.30 p.m, It takes about 90 minutes and it is just five minutes walk to the hotel plaza. Just let me know.

4. Re: Water reliability in Salerno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, February 05, 2012