We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cafes and restaurants in Salerno

Which Salerno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
cafes and restaurants in Salerno

We are in Salerno for a week from 28 November. Any recommendations for cafes, restaurants and coffee shops would be really welcome.

Thank you

Connecticut
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

I am bumping up this post. We will be in Salerno in May and I would also like to know.

PortStLucieFlorida
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

Cicirinella fo 4 course meals to die for; La Tombola for pizza; Mimmos

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

I've eaten in very few (if any, come to think of it) restaurants in Salerno because we have lots of family there, but one specialty item you should seek out are the Brioche con il gelato at Nettuno - it sounds ridiculous, but it is like an ice cream sandwich on a sweet bread roll.

try googling "brioche salerno":

http://virgiliosalerno.myblog.it/tag/brioche+con+il+gelato

NYC, USA
Level Contributor
40 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

I second the vote for Nettuno, but I didn't have the gelato with the bread. I watched them making it and didn't want the extra calories. One cup was enough for me! The gelato is really good though, and they offer a nice selection.

I would also recommend a restaurant called Spunzillo which is about a block away from Nettuno on the same strip, right across from the water. They have some nice seafood dishes, pizza, and outdoor seating.

cold north
Level Contributor
353 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

Can you eat outside in October?

NYC, USA
Level Contributor
40 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

When I was in Salerno at the end of September a few years ago, it was still beach weather. The average temp range in October is between a high of 71' F and a low of 52' F, so it's possible, depending on when in October.

7. Re: cafes and restaurants in Salerno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 04, 2011