We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi coast

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Amalfi coast

I'm going to the Amalfi coast the first week of September and would like to know if anyone knows what ferry companies run from Naples to either Amalfi or Positano. Driving is not an option, not on bus or car...

Also: any suggestions or preferences on either of those for honeymoon? Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28,051 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalfi coast

Amalfi coast ferries operate from Sorrento to Positano and Amalfi www.alicost.it

Ferry Naples to Sorrento www.alilauro.it

New York
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalfi coast

There aren't any ferries that go from Naples directly to the Amalfi Coast. You take a ferry to Sorrento and then a different one from Sorrento to Positano/Amalfi. Just check the times because Sorrento to the Amalfi Coast is very limited and currently only 2 times a day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37,179 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalfi coast

You could also take the train to Salerno then a ferry to either of those villages.

http://www.coopsantandrea.com

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalfi coast

I agree with MC - if you can time it correctly, train from Naples to Salerno and then ferry from Salerno to Positano would be best. Assuming the current schedule remains in September, the last ferry leaves Salerno at 5:10.

I adore Positano and think it is the most picturesque village on the AC, but others prefer Amalfi. I love Positano so much I am planning on returning for a week next June for the 3rd year in a row.

Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amalfi coast

Thanks for the responses! We're doing a crazy trip from Venice to Amalfi coast, would rather stay on high speed trains as you can imagine. This is great input.

Does anyone know about the high speed ferries using Navigazione Libera del Golfo? They come/go to and from Nsples 3 times per day with a quick stop in Capri?

I was thinking Positano most picturesque too... If I can get there by sea.😄

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amalfi coast

If coming from Venice, look at a Venice/Rome/Salerno combination - but keep in mind the ferry departure time.

Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amalfi coast

well we ended up taking a high speed train to Naples, ferry to Positano with a stop in Capri. It all worked out very well since the ferries to/from Capri from both Positano and Naples run with relative frequency, we didn't need to tie ourselves to a tight schedule. Thanks and I hope this helps other travelers who can't stomach the "land travel" to the coast.

8. Re: Amalfi coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 23, 2013
Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amalfi coast

Hi, could you let me know what was inappropriate on this thread. I'd like to continue using your helpful site but am confused by this removal, even after reading the guidelines ( which cut off so I couldn't read the whole policy)

Thanks

Manitoba
Level Contributor
481 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amalfi coast

Thanks for the post Mysolly! Helpful for sure