We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget hotel advice

London
2 posts
Save Topic
budget hotel advice

HI i am new on here. I am travelling to amalfi for my brothers wedding. I am travelling with my boyfriend and we cant affor to stay in the wedding hotel so are looking for a cheap alternative. we are looking iether for somewhere central in amalfi or atrani.. i had a look at the youth hostel reviews and they are dire..

any suggestions would be much appreciated??? Sarsy

Budget hotels in Amalfi
La Pergola Hotel
La Pergola Hotel
#9 of 29 hotels in Amalfi
B&B Al Pesce d'Oro
B&B Al Pesce d'Oro
#1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in Vettica
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget hotel advice

I think that the main problem that you will find is that there doesn't tend to be such a thing as a 'budget' hotel on the Amalfi coast. Especially in the summer season.

I remember a holiday rep from one of the main holiday companies telling me a couple of years ago that hotels on the coast tended to be amongst the most expensive in Europe even for them to contact for.

That said, have you had a look on venere.com? Alternatively, could you double up with others who will be travelling for the wedding and consider an apartment?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget hotel advice

Your best bet would probably be to stay in Sorrento. Look at the list of B&Bs/Inns in the Sorrento Hotels section - you'll see several relatively inexpensive places that get good reviews from TripAdvisor users.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: budget hotel advice

Near Sorrento there are some camp sites that have chalets and log cabins to rent, much cheaper than hotel and B&B prices.

http://www.santafortunata.com/

http://www.nubedargento.com/

It might mean getting a taxi to and from the wedding but there are plenty of buses which are really cheap.

Have a look on this site too for studio flats that usually work out much cheaper than hotels.

http://www.sorrentoapartments.net/?lng=en

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: budget hotel advice

There are a few budget hotels (hostels) including WWW.hostelscalinatella.com in Atrani near Amalfi.It is a low budget hostel so please check out the reviews

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
nyc
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: budget hotel advice

sarsy..

just so you know..if you stay in sorrento.. you will be away from your family. public transportation is inexpensive but takes a long time. and after the wedding reception in amalfi, it may be late at nite and could be difficult to get back to sorrento, and take up to two hours. hotel ristorante Voce Costiera Amalfitana is very nice and much closer (not right in town though) from now to the month of may it is about 85.00 euro.

vocedelmare.it

good luck..

Sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: budget hotel advice

Hi, I have booked to stay at this B&B in Atrani.

amalficoastweb.com/atrani/…location.html

It is costing me 75 euro a night for 2. Cheers

Gloucester, MA
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: budget hotel advice

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Amalfi Coast and were surprised to find that renting an apartment or villa is MUCH more affordable than hotels. I don't know how long you're planning on staying - many places rent by the week but we have found some that rent for shorter periods. Just do a google search for Amalfi Coast + apartment rental. Here are just a few rental sites we've found (there are many!)

www.italy-rental-villa.net

www.summerinitaly.com

www1.cuendet.com

www.amalfilife.com

www.altracostiera.com

www.ownerssyndicate.com

www.villeinitalia.com

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy