We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the weather like in the amalfi area in feb?

Which Amalfi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
2 posts
what is the weather like in the amalfi area in feb?

i am trying to figure out if I should go to the coast of France -NICE or the coast of italy in mid FEB. Does anyone have any thoughts. I would like to tour amalfi, pompeii, ravello, and any other suggestions.I have been to sorrento, capri and positano. Many hotels and restaurants seem to be closed in the winter, does anyone have good hotel suggestions in the 2-3 star range? How much is a private transfer from naples airport or should I take the bus. There are 4 of us travelling together.

Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: what is the weather like in the amalfi area in feb?

I've been travelling south of Italy many times in winter time as it's less crowdy (AC specially). It may seem strange, but I could swimm in that wonderful sea of Amalfi last feb 14th, 2004.

Well in a week you may have also one full day of rain, but it's never too cold (about 14/16�� during the day, cooler at night ). The best location could be Ravello, even if most rest. will be closed, but it's a good base for daily trip. My favourite Hotel in Ravello is Bonadies (4 stars but price friendly); ask for Half Board price - they have an excellent restaurant.

I also suggests you to ask them even for transfer from Naples then (DREAM) for a private driver to take you round everyday. Drivers have not too much to do in that period, so you will find good price, and belive me....you will feel yourselves moviestars!!!

I wish you a memorable staying on AC