We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geting from Airport to Amalfi

UK
1 post
Save Topic
Geting from Airport to Amalfi

Hi

First post :)

How much will it cost to get a taxi from the airport to Amalfi?

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Peter & Jenny

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

Which airport? Naples? Rome?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

Welcome to our world petrolhead. Why don't you check on a few hotel websites to see how much they charge for a taxi transfer. We did do it a few years ago. It was quite a lot but it was a one and a half hour journey from Naples airport. We stayed at a lovely hotel in Praiano and their website www.ondaverde.it is currently advertising the taxi ride for up to 4 people for 105 euros. (I just had a quick look and I WANT TO GO BACK!!)

It would be better than risking just jumping into a cab at the airport I think. A bus would obviously be a far cheaper option but be warned - they are very scary!

Amalfi
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

The rate for a taxi transfert from Napoli airport to Amalfi is Euro 110.00 per way

sorrento
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

But, watch out...if you just jump in a cab at the airport in Naples without asking for price, you might get a surprise-price once you get in Amalfi...

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

I second jean-s's vote for the Hotel Onda Verde in Praiano. Fabulous place and they help set up the taxi to the hotel. You could also take the Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Centrale to Sorrento and then take the bus to Praiano, Positano, Amalfi, wherever. VERY reasonable.

Amalfi Coast
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Geting from Airport to Amalfi

Dear Peter,

you have two options if the town of AMALFI is your destination:

A taxi organized by the local accommodation company (hotel or rental agency) can cost about ��� 100 each way.

If you prefer to get here by local tranportations then:

Use shuttle bus to Naples Centrale train staion. There is one every 30 minutes;

then use the train to SALERNO (not Sorrento otherwise you'll take circa 1 extra hour instead): www.trenitalia.com

then in front of the exit of the train staion you'll find the stop of the SITA bus company : www.sita-on-line.it . This bus will take you in the town of Amalfi.

Enjoy your stay on the coast.