We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Holiday - June 2

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
National Holiday - June 2

Hi,

I will based in Amalfi for 4 days starting Saturday, May 30. Have planned one day trip to Positano, another day trip to Capri, and a third day trip to Sorrento. I won't be driving - I will be using public transportation. I just read that June 2 is a national holiday (Festa della Repubblica) in Italy. Will cafes, restaurants, shops, hydrofoil services etc be closed? Will anything else be affected as a result of this national holiday?

Thank you.

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Holiday - June 2

They will all be open but the bus timetable for Sita will be running on 'Festivo' rather than the normal service. Expect large crowds everywhere including for the ferry services.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Holiday - June 2

Rosa, has ferry service to Sorrento started running yet? I am also going to be in Positano on May 30 for a week and am just planning on there being no ferry service to Sorrento (not that I would likely want to visit Sorrento anyway). I understand that ferry service on the AC is fully functional.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
99 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Holiday - June 2

Thank you RosaPositano. Would the island of Capri also be more crowded than usual on June 2? If yes, I will most definitely avoid scheduling the day trip for Capri on June 2.

4. Re: National Holiday - June 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 13, 2016