We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

Oxford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

Hi All, We are planning a wedding in September in Ravello and there really doesn't seem to be much choice on the music front -

Can anyone make any suggestions on Music? Ideally looking for a lively band for the reception playing a bit of a mix of classics?

I've read some other posts and there seems to be some mixed reviews on Bruno? Can anyone shed any light on that?

Cheers All!

Adrian

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Bruno
Bruno
1,284 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

Hi Adrian,

We used Bruno for our Amalfi wedding in November. We where planning our wedding from Australia so I just gave Bruno a general idea of the atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests and let him him do the rest. We only had 16 guests and there was no need for a DJ. The musicians that Bruno brought where amazing the music and instruments varied for the romance of the ceremony to the traditional lounge style music for cocktails and the cranking it up with Bruno singing for the party later in the night. Our guests are still talking about how great the music was. As far as live music goes we couldn't have asked for anything more. I feel like it added a real classiness and personal touch to the day. Hope this helps and that your wedding day is everything you dreamed of and more. Holly

Mentioned in this post
Bruno
Bruno
1,284 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Epworth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

We got married in Ravello in June 2013 and used Bruno from Amalfi Coast music for our wedding day.

We had 4 separate music acts during the day, a classical guitar and violin for our ceremony and Mandolin and Accordion for walking through the streets of Ravello. Once at our venue we had a solo guitarist whilst our wedding breakfast was served and a DJ for the evening.

All four acts were perfect! They all arrived on time and the transition from one to another was flawless! I must make a special mention to the DJ, he played a fabulous set for our evening reception and didn't miss any of our requested songs! He really identified the mood of our guests and chose songs which guaranteed we were all up dancing!

The music during our day was faultless and really helped to make the day so special and memorable! Our guests loved walking through the streets of Ravello to the mandolin and accordion.

Bruno was on hand during the whole planning process and nothing was too much trouble. I booked Bruno outside of the company planning our wedding, he gave us great rates and he offered so much advice and assistance.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Bruno for your wedding day music!

Mentioned in this post
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Bruno
Bruno
1,284 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Atlanta
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

Hi Adrian, I also hired Bruno for my wedding and I can say that he was great in every respect, and a pleasure to deal with. I did a lot of reading on TA before hiring him, and while I found over 35 very good comments about him, I could only find 3 that were so and so, and those 3 posts still reported that the quality of his music was fine. I believe Bruno is the music supplier on the Amalfi coast with the highest number of good reviews on TA, so it was an easy choice. We chose Bruno without hesitation for our wedding music and we didn't regret it, he made the day. I can surely recommend him both as a performer and as a music coordinator.

Mentioned in this post
Bruno
Bruno
1,284 Reviews
Positano, Italy
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

Bruno = the best

I am an Australian living in London and I just planned our wedding in Capri, Italy.

Not only was Bruno from amalficoastmusic.net a pleasure to deal with, he also provided me with the most incredibly musicians for our wedding day.

Every guest at our wedding complemented me on our choice of music.

We had a harp and female soprano in the church who reduced many to tears! It was much more than I could have imagined!!!

Then for the walk from the church to the piazza, we had a neopolitan duo who were fun, lively and led us to the Piazza. Highly recommend doing this as it adds to the overall atmosphere!!

Use amalficoastmusic.net - you won't be disappointed!

Singing their praises,

Cassie (newly married)

Mentioned in this post
Bruno
Bruno
1,284 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
5. Re: HelpNeeded!.. Wedding Bands/Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, July 25, 2014