We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Amalfi Coast

Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

London
2 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for music for my Amalfi coast wedding (Ravello) next may.

I have been in contact with Marco Cantrella, and Bruno at amalficoastmusic.net, just wondering if anyone has used either of these, or have any further contacts?

Many thanks,

Maria

london/aust
2 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Dear All,

unfortunately i do not have the same high opinion of Bruno at amalficoast music.

We married earlier this year in Praiano at Casa Angelian - who were fantastic by the way!

We met bruno 3 times before our wedding - all arranged from the UK.

he made many promises such as arranging 2 of our favourite songs - which he never did - only played a snap shot of one which was literally blasted on and off as we entered our reception - no mixing at all -

he constantly assured us all would be fine until about 3 weeks before our big day announcing he could only do half the reception time as he was double booked despite us making the booking over 8 months in advance and paying a deposit!

on top of this his sound system was terrible, crackeld all the way through the speeches and the DJ he supplied was very VERY amateur. Our first dance mixed in was embarrassing.

he arranged our soprano for the church who was brilliant, and also a saxophonist who played ad lib over the dj set - which was absolutely fantastic.

Although the songs we requested especially for the saxophonist to play over was never done.Unfortunately another example of Bruno not delivering.

In saying all this Bruno's singing itself is nice enough, he just really let us down with unnecessary stress and a terrible sound system and organisation.

He charged us over 3000euro for all our sound and we just didn't think it was worth it , he also pestered us for payment interrupting a family dinner to collect his cheque - i really wish se'd held some money back.

I have emailed him with my concerns but no response, and i feel a duty to other stressed out brides to give the other side of the story.

Also why are there so many threads removed regarding Bruno? makes me wonder who is posting all the positive threads?

if anyone wants further info on getting married in the amalfi area i'm more than willing to help.

Rebecca and Max

12. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:52 am, July 27, 2009
Dublin
1 post
13. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

What can i say...We had Bruno from amalficoatmusic at our wedding last month and the only words i can say are amazing.He has the most amazing voice and his fantastic choice of music made the day even more special for us and our guests.There was no issue with guest looking to perform either he made them feel very welcome.I would give him 10/10 and would highly recommend him for your wedding.

Ian & Antoinette

Dublin

london/aust
2 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

The wedding videographer we had was excellent and I can provide recommendations for anybody who is interested - he only spoke italian but was brilliant! OUr video is proof of Bruno's poor sound system not the video quality and the email exchange between Bruno and I unfortunately is also proof that he threatened to cancel me not the other way around - do not believe all that is read...

We did change some of our requests as our budget wasn't infinite and as Bruno's availablity changed as to the times he could perform or if at all we scaled down on our church performers as the cost was just too much.

NOte: some outfits may think if you hold your wedding at a 5 star establishment you are made of money...

In fact one great piece of advice is to ask for a price first before naming the venue as all our suppliers including florists etc seemed to have a magic number for final price depending on the venue.

I wish Bruno well in the future and I don't want to continue a nasty exchange over a forum however as a paying customer who was not entirely satisfied we are entitled to an opinion - which we gave before i posted our comment and on the night following the wedding when yes we invited Bruno to pop by as that is where we would be.

My guest were dancing yes and everything was fine overall , however many of my friends are DJ's and they were pretty appalled at some of the sound- so maybe we are just too picky?

To all the future brides I would be very clear about what you are paying for and ask to see the performers first to avoid any disappointment - Bruno would never let us see a preview of any performers, and yes the music stops at midnight that is the same for all outdoor venues on the amalfi coast no surprise there and we don't have any qualms with Bruno over that.

I have to say again how wonderful Casa Angelina were, we were so impressed with their service and style and professionalism.

Rebecca and Max.

Sydney
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
15. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi there,

Thanks for the update - sounds like you had a fabulous time which is great.

We are getting married in Positano in October so I have just contacted Bruno to see if he can help us out.

Was he expensive can I ask?

Thanks

J

16. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:52 am, July 27, 2009
17. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, October 08, 2009
18. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

Removed on: 5:56 am, July 31, 2009
19. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

Removed on: 3:51 am, August 01, 2009
Toronto
1 post
20. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi -

My wife and I recently got married in Ravello (August 1st). We are from Canada. We and all our 150 guests from around the world had an incredible experience. For our music we went with BRUNO at Amalficoastmusic.net. Simply put Bruno was great. He delivered on everything we asked for and everything he said he would...and at a good price. We went all out...we did a lot which included:

1. Soprano and string trio in the church. Beautiful.

2. Neapolitan duo for outside the church and outdoor reception. One of the highlights as our guest sang along.

3. DJ for reception and night after party. The night party was the highlight.

The musicians were awesome...and the DJ was fantastic.

Also he very easy to work with. He gave us a number of musical options to pick from and a number of songs etc. We even added a bunch that worked out well.

Best

Andre