We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

London
2 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for music for my Amalfi coast wedding (Ravello) next may.

I have been in contact with Marco Cantrella, and Bruno at amalficoastmusic.net, just wondering if anyone has used either of these, or have any further contacts?

Many thanks,

Maria

1. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:25 am, January 31, 2009
amalfi
Level Contributor
37 posts
2. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Marco Cantarella and his group for jazz, if you liek classic music giovannilucibello@virgilio.it

north london
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi Maria,

Bruno is without a doubt the nicest and most professional musician you could ever wish to meet or work with. I got married in July this year and was given Marco Cantrella as a contact by my wedding planner. I cannot recall the exact amount we were quoted but it seemed highly inflated (that's weddings for you!!).

I found Bruno after hours searching the net and believe me, it was worth the effort. From the minute i contacted him he was so helpful and went out if his way to find out about the type of music we wanted rather than an email with a quote attached. He sent me mp3 files of my fave tracks and even learnt our 1st song for us.

We had a great deal of contact before the wedding (his english is amazing!!) and he asked to meet us when we arrived in Ravello just to firm up plans. The day went so perfectly and everybody commented on what a wonderful voice he had. Someone on the table next to him thought a CD had been put on!!!

I am not sure what your budget is but i felt that Bruno gave so much for the price he quoted. You can't beat him seriously. Nice guy too, which helps when you're frought with nerves etc ;O)

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any advice (music or other). I know how hard it is to find contacts for a wedding thats 100s of miles away.

Are you using a wedding planner?

Laura

London
3 posts
4. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi Laura,

I am getting married in Ravello this July and i'm looking for a good band. I'm having a symbolic wedding followed by a reception so i need a harp and flute for the ceremony and either a band or a DJ for the reception.

I've read good reviews about Bruno and his band. Can i be cheeky and ask you what the cost was as i have no clue what kind of cost to expect?

Sorry to be cheeky but your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

north london
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi lisa,

Do you know, it's so long ago that i reaaly can't remember....sorry!

All i do know is that if you contact Bruno, he will prob be able to give you a number of options to suit your budget - he is not out for making a quick buck and will give you your money's worth in professional service alone.

We opted for him singing along to some pre-recored backing tracks (no, not karaoke! He records these himself to give the impression of a band) and found it to be very competetive with even a DJ. We were on a tight-ish budget with music and could simply nit afford the price that we were quoted for a band.

I hope this helps, let me know if i can assist with anything else, I know how difficult it can be getting married abroad.

Laura x

6. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:57 pm, April 02, 2009
London
1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi Lisa - did you get any feedback from Bruno? I am also a bit lost in arranging music for my wedding, which I have just booked for July 2010!

Thanks! Emma

London
3 posts
8. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi Emma,

Bruno is fantasic and is super efficient in answering your question and speaks perfect English.

The only thing is, i am the one who is indecisive as to what i want!

How are you going with?

Cheers,

Lisa

Navan
1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hello,

We have just returned from our wedding in the Amalfi Coast. We had Bruno playing at our reception. He was very helpful, professional and flexible. All of our guests agreed that Bruno's performance was ideal. He listened to our requests and performed accordingly.

We do not hesitate at all to recommend Bruno for your wedding reception.

Anne and Phil.

London
2 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Looking for music recommendations for Amalfi coast wedding..
Save

Hi,

I initially started this thread as I was at a real loss as to where to start with arranging my wedding music! I contacted Bruno, and he has been an absolute star to work with! I was in touch with a few other music companies at the time, but Bruno's customer service and helpfulness really made him stand out from the others, thus I booked the music with Bruno.

Throughout the whole planning process, he has been so helpful, and nothing was too much bother for him. As has been mentioned before, he speaks almost perfect English, and any email communications with him have been really helpful- I didnt feel like there was a language barriers as can be a problem when organizing a wedding abroad! Also, I should mention that he replies really quickly to emails, which is always really reassuring if you have any urgent issues.

The music itself was fantastic! All of our guests loved the guitar and singer duo at the reception and they wouldnt stop raving about how good the music was! We also had an organ for the church, and a DJ for after dinner and both were also wonderful (much to our delight, the DJ didnt planning eurotrash trance!) and the music really fit our specifications.

I can honestly say that the music was absolutely brilliant, and really helped to make the day the wonderful sucess that it was! My husband and I had the greatest time, and would definitely recommend Bruno!

Thanks Bruno!!

Maria

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.