We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medjugorje from cosenza

canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
medjugorje from cosenza

I'm planning to bring my mother to italy to see her sisters and she would love to visit medjugorje. Can anyone tell me the best way to get there from cosenza? Also, my mother has uses a walker to get around.

Thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: medjugorje from cosenza

Have you looked at a map? To get to Medjugorje (in Bosnia Herzegovina), you'd have to get from Cosenza in Calabria to Bari or Brindisi in Puglia and take a ferry to Split or Dubrovnik (in Croatia). Neither Cosenza to Bari/Brindisi nor Split/Dubrovnik to Medjugorje would be easy, particularly not for a person with reduced mobility.

Is your mother aware that the apparitions at Medjugorje are under investigation by the Vatican?

canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medjugorje from cosenza

Yes, I've looked at a map. I've also been to Cosenza. I know there are many difficulties ahead whether we go on to Medjugorje or not. However, no matter how difficult it will be for her and by extension, me, my only goal in this is to bring my mother happiness. She is the oldest of several siblings and to allow her to see them for maybe the last time would be worth any of the difficulties.

As for the apparitions at Medjugorje, whetther they are real or not is inconsequential to me. What they have done since my mother heard about them has opened up a line of communication about God we have never had before. My belief is that He can use anything (good or bad) for His purpose and choose to use this opportunity to try bring her to a better understanding of Him.

Thank you for your response.

3. Re: medjugorje from cosenza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cosenza