We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muro Lucano hotel

NYC
4 posts
Save Topic
Muro Lucano hotel

My family came to the U.S. from Muro Lucano, and I plan to visit the town this summer while I am in Italy. Can anyone recommend a hotel in or close to Muro Lucano?

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
347 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muro Lucano hotel

I found a site with two listings, italyworldclub.com/hotel-italia/basilicata/p…

This town is located north of Potenza and the roads are very curvy so it is best to get as close as possible. There may be B&B's or agriturismi in the area but they can be hard to find as many won't be on the web.

Good to see you will be visiting your family town, the locals always appreciate when relatives come back to Lucania.

Mentioned in this post
Potenza
Potenza
Province of Potenza, Italy
South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
579 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Muro Lucano hotel

My place is about 40 minutes away in Calitri ( http://SouthernItaly.wordpress.com )

I know of a country "hotel" Locanda al Giglio D'Oro in Ruvo del Monte as well : prolocoruvo.it/pubblicita/…giglio_doro.htm , but, I think it would be, again, about 45 minutes from Muro Lucano. You could also try searching in Potenza itself - maybe not as charming as some of the hill towns, but you would probably be able to find a hotel - it would also be about a 45 min. drive - as mentioned...twisty roads to Muro Lucano, so driving time can be long even if distances are not (!)

http://www.muro-lucano.it/ is the official town website...I didn't see accommodation listed, but double check.

Mentioned in this post
Potenza
Potenza
Province of Potenza, Italy
Potenza, Italy
Level Contributor
347 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muro Lucano hotel

I was in Muro Lucano this spring and there is one hotel with a restaurant in town, you can see it from the old castello. I stopped a local and they said this is the only one in town, outside of August you should have no problems obtaining a room on a drop-in basis and it is visible from most of town.

new york new york
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Muro Lucano hotel

I'm so sorry I missed this post. My family came here from Muro Lucano too. I stayed there in 2002 at the Hotel Delle Colline. I found the hotel by googling Muro Lucano. There is another hotel in the town too, but sorry can't recall the name. As far as I know there are only two hotels in the town proper. I picked the Delle Colline because it was on the same street (Via Bellevedere) as a bar with my family name, making it easier to research.

The hotel is frills free and simple, but clean and comfortable. The rates are very inexpensive, being off the beaten path and worth it just to go "home" for a visit. There are no restaurant choices in the town, if I remember correctly, but the hotel has a restaurant and would supply meals. It was a chance to have the closest thing to my grandmother's cavatelli.

Who knows, we may be related. Muro Lucano is a small town.

Hope this helps.

5. Re: Muro Lucano hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 26, 2010