We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pescara Market

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
Pescara Market

I will be visiting Pescara in September, for the 2nd time this year.

I like markets but can't find any information about Pescara's market except it occurs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday but where and how big is the market? I think it unlikely a large market happens on 4 days a week but you never know!

4 replies to this topic
Pescara, Italy
Destination Expert
for Pescara
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Pescara Market

Hi there Sue,

what mind of market are you looking for?

A street market perchance? A food market or one where you can buy also clothes, etc?

There is not just a single street market in Pescara, and there are several indoor food markets: the one I go to mostly is the one located in piazza Muzii, in the commercial heart of the town.

It's a good place if you are looking for fresh vegetables and fruit, mostly sold directly by local farmers, there are also some food stalls and other shops.

By the way, in recent years the market has been refurbished and the surrounding pedestrians-only area has grown to be a very popular one among locals and visitors - maybe a little too much for the residents - for nightlife, as quite a lot of boozeries, restaurants, ice-cream parlour etc. have sprung out everywhere.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Pescara Market

Thanks for your quick reply. Really it is a general street market I am interested in selling everything.

Pescara, Italy
Destination Expert
for Pescara
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
57 helpful votes
3. Re: Pescara Market

In that case, you should check this page with all the informations about the working days for all street-markets in Pescara

www.comune.pescara.it/internet/index.php…

It also comes to mind that there are also some fairs that may be what you're looking for: they do a fair on the second Sunday and another one on the third Saturday and Sunday every month on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, in middle August they should do a big one with clothes, food and other stuff also on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II.

On these two websites there is a reference list of all fairs in Pescara in 2018 according to which there should be a street food festival in the next few days - if you are not fluent in the Italian language, you can use Google Translate or any similar tool

https:/…

https:/…

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Pescara Market

Thanks again. I did come across the Sunday fair last time I was there in May so I am interested in the information you gave about these fairs.

Finally! I just need to find out which is the biggest outdoor market so I chose the right day to stay in Pescara.

Reply to: Pescara Market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pescara
Recent Conversations