We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joyrent

Cádiz
4 posts
1 review
Joyrent

Hi! Does anybody know this car rental company? I'm thinking about renting with them but i don't find much information. Thanks!

79 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Joyrent

I strongly advise you to not rent a car from this company. We are currently waiting for a car that we should have been given one hour ago and in this meantime the rude staff talks on the phone about personal issues whilst smoking in a closed room in the presence of clients. We are loosing time of holidays and being poorly treated. I really dont recommend it.

2. Re: Joyrent

Terrible communication. No shuttle bus at the airport as stated. Waited for 2h until we got our car.

Would never use their services again.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Joyrent

Don't rent from them. We pre-booked the car. They lied about not having our reservation. We called three times and every time its story changed! Also, at Malpensa they are not where all other rental companies are. Best to avoid at all costs.

Edited: 4:28 am, July 07, 2016
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Joyrent

had a worst experience with them, failed to deliver a car and then blamed everything on car rental company..like it was not their problem

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
5. Re: Joyrent

They are terrible. Do NOT use this company. It took us 3 hours to get our car, it was dirty. They then charged us a cleaning service when we returned it (and did not answer any communications about this). Other people had been waiting with us for up to 6 hours. Useless.

1 post
1 review
6. Re: Joyrent

I rented 2 cars at Joyrent despite all the bad reviews here and must say, that this was my first time renting a car and it went flawless, with no problems. We got new cars, fast, clean as new with full tank. After 5 days no problem returning them. The price was really affordable and there were no hidden costs, like I saw them at some other rental companies. Staff was nice, they even called us few days before to check the reservation and explained us where to find them. Would I recommend them? ABSOLUTELY!

Edited: 8:41 am, December 15, 2016
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: Joyrent

You won a lotery then :))

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
8. Re: Joyrent

I also have a bad experience with Joyrent. Last week, I agreed to rent the car from them; MXP office with the rental fee of 737 euro, but finally they made a charge on my credit card of 913 euro without any clarification to me what I did wrong. The charge on my credit card was made at the time I was back to my country already. So far, I try to contact them via email but I still can't. What a bad experience ever!!!!!

Edited: 7:56 pm, April 26, 2017
CA
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Joyrent

Conclusion: it it's a company you never heard of, don't use it.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
136 reviews
10. Re: Joyrent

DO NOT rent a car from this company. They are merely there to extract as much money from you as possible.

We booked through Car Rentals and we paid the extra to waive the excess. On collection of the car late at night ,approx 10.30pm we were told the car was somewhere in the 'blue zone'. They tried to sell us their own insurance waiver at 5 times the amount we paid to Car Rentals and we duly refused. Eventually found the car and just about managed to squeeze the car out of the parking space. We inspected the car with our phone lights shining and every panel had damage on it. We then walked back to the office,approx 10 min and they came back out and marked all the damage on the checksheet. A majority of damage was already highlighted however they marked the extra damage and we carried on. We had the car for 4 days and it drove ok however steering was a little wayward and the car was not driving in straight line on the highways however we coped.

On our return we had to wait 25 min before an agent who was the same lady that gave us the car on delivery came to take the car and reinspect it. However on inspection she started feeling her hand all the way round the underside of the front and rear bumpers and side sills and she then pointed out that one of the wheels was damaged slightly and also the front bumper had a few scratches on the underside. She wanted to charge us 500euros . The damage on the wheel was a scratch and had corrosion on it so it must have been there for a long time and the only way you could see the marks on the underside would have been with a torch and lying on your back under the car. We totally refused and obviously it is a big scam as we later saw other customers returning their cars having the same issues and a lot of arguments going on.

I wont go into everything in detail but i urge everyone to stay away from this firm.

Reply to: Joyrent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted