We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DoYouItaly

Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 post
DoYouItaly

ALERT to all - just don't take a car over DOYOUITALY or VISTACAR pages - You will be without a car AND without money, which will be taken from your Credit card.

Regards to all M

215 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: DoYouItaly

I concur. We recently booked with DOYOUITALY a car from GOLDCAR at Catania airport.

Firstly, GOLDCAR did not recognise and claimed that the additional insurance we had purchased from DOYOUITALY would not cover us. They demanded a 1200 Euro down payment to cover any eventual damages. So we had to fork out another £120+ for the insurance. We endeavoured to seek a refund from DOYOUITALY's insurance but they effectively said that it was not their problem and declined.

Secondly you are oblidged to pay an outrageous sum for a full tank of fuel, which is normal. But if you bring back a full tank GOLDCAR charges an administration fee of over 20 Euros - never heard of that before. Effectively you cannot avoid this whatever you do. And this is not included in their hire fee nor stated clearly in DOYOITALY's terms at order.

The GOLDCAR staff were in fact incredibly unpleasant to both us and the other few customers at the counter. And returning a week later we saw what clearer looked like others 'suffering' at their counter.

Two Spanish companies that DO YOU! - Stay very well away from both.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
165 reviews
2. Re: DoYouItaly

I have considerable doubts about DoYouItaly. I booked with them after checking prices and reading the free cancellation offer. I then had several emails asking for more money so I decided to cancel and ask for a refund, which I have not received.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,735 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: DoYouItaly

Goldcar does NOT need to take your word that you have addititional insurances. That is between you and the third party insurance company. It's in the terms and conditions that if you don't use their own insurances they will put a huge hold on your credit card to ensure payment if the car is damaged. At that point YOU must then go through your third party insurance to recover the money lost. Goldcar has no fault in that. I'm sure DOYOUITALY is not going to refund you any money for insurance coverage you had and used during the rental. They provided insurance and you should pay for it.

If you had money taken off your credit card and didn't get your car you should go through your credit card company to get it resolved. They can look into the matter for you. Be sure to have all your information so they can research the case to determine if the charge is legitimate or not.

Donna

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: DoYouItaly

As regards the insurance issue, whenever you book through a booking agency rather than the car-hire company that will actually be supplying the car, you need to read the conditions of the second company, and work out whether it would be better to book with them directly. This particular issue with Goldcar is well-known, see e.g. telegraph.co.uk/travel/…

The administration charge for returning the car with a full tank, as well as other wheezes, isn't unique to Goldcar, unfortunately, cf. travelsupermarket.com/blog/…

As regards additional charges, failure to respect a free cancellation offer and worst of all, not getting the full contract and conditions to read until you've already booked (or the practice of hiding terms and conditions in strange places on the website), I don't know how people can avoid these problems, other than doing an extensive internet search for reviews of the booking agency and/or car-hire operator concerned before pursuing any booking.

This seems to be an industry that is hell-bent on gouging the customer, BUT in July 2015, 5 companies signed up to an initiative aimed at improving the situation (for customers!), namely Avis-Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt (europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-5334_en.…).

For residents of EU Member States with problems relating to car-hire in other EU Member States, you can seek assistance from the European Consumer Centre in your country of residence: …europa.eu/consumers/…index_en.htm

At least until Brexit, as far as the UK is concerned!

1 post
1 review
5. Re: DoYouItaly

Thanks dir informations

Paris, France
1 post
6. Re: DoYouItaly

Hello DOYOUITALY took the money and I never received ANY CONFIRMATION EMAIL, and now that I m calling they pretend not to understand english and they say they cannot DO ANYTHING FOR ME.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!!

Paris, France
1 post
7. Re: DoYouItaly

Fuyez à toutes jambes !!!

Ce site est une escroquerie !!

Riano, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8. Re: DoYouItaly

Don't rent with Doyouitaly, absolutely don't. I had a bad experience recently with them, he price was tempting but then the Goldcar box didn't recognize anything. So guys, forget Doyouitaly, believe me

Berlin, Germany
1 post
9. Re: DoYouItaly

I too have been scammed by doyouitaly. I rented a car and paid up front and purchased their insurance. When I arrived at the airport to get my car, I was refused the car by Thrifty as my Mastercard was a debit card and not a credit card. Now doyouitaly claims I canceled my reservation on the day of the rental and therefore have forfeited the entire 2 week rental. They lied and said that Thrifty has been paid for the rental, and I should get the refund from them. The same with their insurer - Nola Care Hire Insurance from GB -. Both Thrifty and Nola say they were never paid and that I should get the refund from doyouitaly. When I contacted doyouitaly again, they simply say I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do for you. DO NOT HIRE A CAR FROM DOYOUITALY !!!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,735 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: DoYouItaly

Thrifty car only takes credit cars, not debit cards. If you didn't pay with a credit car your booking was void. It's in their terms and conditions of payment.

I would dispute the charge to DoYouItaly with your bank and explain to them what happened. They might be able to help depending on what the DoYouItaly website says about payments versus what the Thrifty site says about payments.

Donna

Reply to: DoYouItaly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted