We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

We'd like to do a tour that allows us some free time, that will include air from NYC (we're from Texas, but I imagine if we can fly to NYC then to Italy we can save some $$)

We want to budget for about 5K, and would like to spend a few nights in Rome, 2 each in Florence and Venice, a day trip to Pompeii, Capri, maybe 10 days total.

Anyone know of a trustworthy company that offers packages like this?

The stand alone airfares I've seen are scary high!

Any and all help appreciated.

Grazi!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Did you check out Perillo Tours? They have an 10 day tour (this includes airtime) which starts at 2099.00 per person. This tour does not include venice though. The 11 day tour includes Venice but not the amalfi coast area. There are quite a few choices. All tours include airfare and transfer to hotels. I believe for a small additional charge you can fly from your local airport to JFK. There's a list of airports and charges.

Of course all of the cost are dependent on the time of year you choose.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Mama924, thank you so much! I've heard of Perillo, but didn't even think about it when researching this trip.

That sounds within budget, and Perillo is supposed to be a very reputable firm.

Thanks again!

Any other suggestions more than welcome!

Hamden, CT
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Or, if you want to travel independently, not in a group, I usggest t\ you check www.flycheapabroad.com. I just got my e ticket to Florence for $837, with Alitalia, while Expedia orcheapair wanted $918. Check www.firenzealbergo.it for nice places to put your head down. Hope it helpts

Lake Hiawatha, NJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Yous hould check out clubabctours.com

My husband and i used htem for our honey moon and we loved them@ it was all inclusive 12 days in italy. they do all kinds of trips to all over. the fee is 30 dollars a year to be a member but they were well worth it!

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Gate 1 Travel is also excellent. Great website with lots of specials and promotional offers. You can select more independent tours that are just hotel + airfare or you can go for the whole shebang with transportation (bus, rental car, etc.) and tours in the country. They offer some wonderful multi-city options where you choose how many days to spend in 2 of 3 cities or 3 of 4 cities. I recommend them highly.

www.gate1travel.com

Ciao! Ll

Kimberton PA
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Which Gate 1 tour did you take? I was looking at their enchanting Italy tour which starts in Venice and leaves from Naples. Seems to have most of the cities and sites Mauikitty is looking for also. One thing I liked about it is the hotels are much more centrally located than other tours. They even have links to the hotel info. I am pleased to hear a recommendation since they looked good to me.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Actually, I haven't taken one personally. But a few friends and family members have and I have recommended them to clients of mine with great results ( I am in the hotel & hospitality industry and help clients of mine with such services on occasion.)

They have all said the same thing that the flexibility of options and the hotels offered were a step above other companies and nobody had any complaints. I also like that they offer several steps of hotels (ie: price levels) but that they all seem to be reputable and in good neighborhoods.

My aunt, who is the pickiest, took a 9 or 10 day tour with Venice, Florence and Rome. I think it was 2 day Venice, 3 day Rome and 4 day Florence, if I'm not mistaken. She is quite a handful and actually had little to complain about except for lack of sleep because it was so beautiful! the best thing was that they were attentive to her needs and prompt in their response. Basically they did their jobs, but in this day and age of business and customer service, it was truly a miracle!

Ciao LL

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

I've taken Gate 1 to Egypt and would recommend them highly for that trip. I'm also thinking of taking a trip next year and am currently looking into both Perillo and Gate 1. Perillo seems to be the costliest for the time of year we want to go. They both have the same kinds of trips but maybe Perillo uses more expensive hotels. Would love to hear from anyone else who has more experience with both companies.

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Oops...forgot to say that my trip next year is to Italy. I did take a Perillo tour to Italy about 20 years ago on my honeymoon and it was great.

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help please? Looking for package with tour including air

Oops...forgot to say that my trip next year is to Italy. I did take a Perillo tour to Italy about 20 years ago on my honeymoon and it was great.