We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are arriving in Perugia in September and fly out out Pisa 12 days later.We are hiring a car and keen to travel around both Tuscany and Umbria. We have 2 nights booked in Assisi when we arrive then are thinking of to going to Spoletto for one night then onto Montepulciano and Siena. From there we want to spend about 5 days exploring the Chianti region before hvaing a day in Florence and a night in Pisa prior to flying home.

We wondered if this seems too ambitious within our time frame and if it is recommended to have one base in Siena or a smaller town or to book hotels/B&B's along the way?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thankyou

Sarah and Keith

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

You don't say if you are interested in Perugia too; anyway it is a very beautiful town, and would deserve at least a full day. If you come to scratch it, take advantage to visit it.

You have already booked, but basically Assisi would be a good base to Perugia and to Spoleto. Connections by regional train are fine and basically you don't need any car to these towns. An option would be four nights in Assisi, with day trips to Perugia and to Spoleto.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

We thought we would visit Perugia from Assisi but this seems like a good idea if Spoletto isn't too far away & perhaps an idea to do by train.

Thank you for your advice

Milano
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

Staying in Assisi will give you the opportunity to visit all the interesting towns of Umbria, I would consider Orvieto and Todi.

Umbria is an amazing Region less touristic then Tuscany, I love it very much.

4. Re: Tuscany and Umbria in 12 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 07, 2014