We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

Arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
144 reviews
Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

We were driving from Siena to Rome and entered the Autostrade at Orte. I must have got into the wrong lane because there was no option to get a ticket. I could not back up due to traffic so we had to continue on. We took the next exit and explained it to the toll booth operator, but he only spoke Italian and we only speak English. I ended up paying less than 1 Euro, but got an Unpaid Toll Ticket.

I went to the website on the ticket, entered my ticket number and it shows an unpaid toll amount of 65.80 Euro. However, it also includes the following message:

Attention ! A payment was already issued for this transaction. It's impossible to go on. You can report a declaration of your real entry station following this link: https:/…ControllerServlet

That page includes instructions for a Missing Ticket:

If a customer reaches the exit toll station without an entrance toll ticket, the toll to pay is settled by law (art. 176-16 CdS) and is calculated from the furthest toll station.

However, the customer has the right to provide proof of the actual toll station he entered the motorway and to pay the correct toll.

In respect to Missing Payment Reports issued on its own network, Autostrade per l'Italia accepts a self-certification about the inbound toll station, to be checked subsequently.

The problem is the Self-Certification form is a PDF file in Italian.

Can anyone advise me on what to do from here?

How can I get the form translated to English?

What proof would I have of the actual toll station I entered?

I assume if I don't provide proof or pay the toll, it will get charged to Hertz and then be passed along to me with additional fines and admin charges.

Thanks for your help.

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
81 Reviews
from $370.00*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,259 Reviews
from $73.00*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,176 Reviews
from $57.70*
75 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,150 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

"How can I get the form translated to English?"

The same way an Italian would get an American form translated into Italian! I don't know what translation services you may have locally, but you can always put the text through one of the many automatic translation systems available on the internet. It isn't that long (from http://www.autostrade.it/en/il-pedaggio/mancato-pagamento.html?initPosAra=4_4).

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,257 posts
385 reviews
2. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

If You go to the Punto Blu which You find on the major motorway entries of Italy You can explain your problem and ask them to get the photo of the moment You entered the Autostrada at Orte. Give them the numberplate of your car, the date and hour when You entered Orte and the ticket they gave You when You left the motorway at the next station. With these details they can easely find the photo of your entrance and compare it with your exit at the next station. Like this You avoid to pay the € 65,80. You will only pay the real toll plus some administration fees. If I don't mistake it's around €9.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
36 posts
144 reviews
3. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

We are already back in the US so the local office is not an option.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,257 posts
385 reviews
4. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

The only option is to translate the form in italian language. Use Google translator, it's rather good.

1 post
5. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

We are having the same problem as you had and we really want to Know what you did ?

It will help

Us thank you

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
126 reviews
6. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

Google italian-english translation and there will be a number of options (eg google translate, bing, babel fish).

Copy the text from the pdf and paste in the translator. It will give a pretty fair indication.

7. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:00 pm, March 31, 2018

new york
1 post
2 reviews
8. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

Go to this website: https:/…

Check the "Yes" Consent box. Click Forward button. Enter your ticket number and enter it again and it will know the right payment. Mine was 55.80 Euro and (after I took 45 minutes to figure out how to do this) it went down to 1,10. I was able to pay right there with no fee and printed a receipt.

:)

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

hello,

mine is still showing as the original 54.40 to pay, what did you work out in 45 mins to reduce to the correct fee?

thanks

Stirling, Scotland...
1 post
2 reviews
10. Re: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket

Thanks so much, very helpful advice, just got mine reduced from €68 to €1.80. We didn't get a ticket the first time when we when we travelled from Orvieto to Fabro. Got the hang of the toll roads after that!!

Edited: 8:06 am, August 10, 2015
Reply to: Help with Unpaid Autostrade Toll Ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted