I am asking for help for a trip for southern Italy. If you can comment on my plan and give some help, it will be great.
1) Rome : 4 + 2 nights
3) Back to Rome and fly out
Interests: history, nature, food.
1) Sorrento is pretty but Naples is cheaper. Is it safe and clean to stay in Naples? Where to stay? I will have luggage and will travel by train. Any suggestions on which neighbourhood to stay in?
2) I want an escorted tour for Amalfi coast drive. I don't want to take city buses and not sure if I can afford private car + security issue. Don't want to drive myself either. But, I cannot find any group tour for just amalfi coast drive out of Naples or Sorrento. Would like to see Positano, Ravello and Amalfi.
3) I am looking at italiatours.com. Has anyone had any experience with their tours and is it good?
4) Many of the websites are in Italian and I cannot see any place to see "english" version of it. So, any list of good websites that will help me plan better?
5) I don't know any italian. Will that be an issue in this region?
I realize there are many restrictions I have put but it is what it is. Any help you give is much appreciated.