We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia

Jonesborough, TN
Level Contributor
29 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Alitalia

We are headed to Rome, Italy in March 2013. We are flying Alitalia on a 777. My question is on the seating arrangement. When I look at the seat layout it shows 3-4-3. For several rows, that first seat "D" I believe, sits by itself. I assume that is not the case. All the seat plans I can find show the 777 as being 3-3-3 configuration. Can anyone help me understand this layout?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alitalia

Alitalia operate Boeing 777/200 aircrafts with two different seating configurations.

One has 249 nine abreast economy seating, and the other 293 ten abreast seating, as this aircraft also has an economy plus seating cabin.

Jonesborough, TN
Level Contributor
29 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alitalia

Thank you. I tried looking on Seat Guru but they don't show the 10 seat configuration. I think the 3-4-3 configuration is awful. Any suggestions on seats? Right now we have a window and an aisle hoping no one sits in the middle of us.

NY
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alitalia

Interesting. On other airlines 777 I have flown on 2-5-2 and 3-3-3, the 3-3-3 seems a lot more comfortable, esp when I get an aisle seat in the middle section (two ways out for people, and usually the other two seats are occupied by related people.) The 5 section can be murder, and the 2 section seemed like we could get into the seats but not out without contortion.

But if Alitalia has a 10 across, 3-4-3 that additional seat has to come out of your behind space or the aisle, which is narrow enough anyway.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alitalia

It seems that Seat Guru is not being updated. Try www.seatexpert.com

Jonesborough, TN
Level Contributor
29 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alitalia

Thank you but it appears that site shows the 3-3-3 configuration.

6. Re: Alitalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 06, 2013