We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Sydney
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
train from Milan to Cinque Terre

we will be staying in Monterosso, Cinque Terre at the end of September.

We will be travelling there from near Milpensa airport, although we want to travel by train. I presume that we will have to catch a train from Milan central but where do we actually catch it to? - La Spezia or Levanto? Do we need to change? I know we then use the local or regional train to get to Monterosso.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,953 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Enter Monterosso as destination for train schedule, and note where to change trains.

www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,143 posts
2. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

And enter your departure station as Malpensa Aeroporto to see through connections.

From Milano Centrale to Monterosso yit is best to take a direct InterCity train, so you don't have to change trains at all except in Milan.

Sydney
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

thanks for the help. I thought we would have to change trains at Milan Central but it is good to know there is a train straight to Monterosso from MC.

lefaivre
1 post
4. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Hi I would like to know what is the best solution to get from Milan train station to Corniglia?. I have a pass for 5 days with eurorail but I think I will need to take the regionale train which is different as I seem to unduerstant.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,143 posts
5. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Enter Milan and Corniglia on www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html - the website will show you where to change trains. Pick a connection with just one InterCity (IC) train and pay the €3 reservation fee, online (choosing Global Pass from the More Fares menu), or at a ticket machine or booking office in Milan.

If €3 is too much, use the same website, click 'all solutions' on the bottom left of the page, and choose a connection using only Regional (train category '?' or 'R') trains.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

we will be in Italy April/May 2013. We are going to Tirano, Venice, Monterosso, b ut would also like to spend a couple of days on Puglia. Firstly is it too far away to get to on limited time OR would an overnight train etc be an optio from Milan or Venice. Any suggestions would be very helpful

DP

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

we are travelling to Italy in April/May 2013 and going to Venice, Tirano and Cinque Terra. We would like to include Puglia in the trip but not sure how long it would take(by train) to get there from Venice, then from Puglia to Cinque Terra. Is it too far to include in this trip or is it doable?

Any suggestion wouls be useful.

Donna P

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,755 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Puglia is a large area. Use the web site referenced in reply #1 to find out travel times to towns within Puglia.

Puglia is in the south of Italy. It would not make any kind of sense to travel Venice to Puglia to Cinque Terre: look at a map of Italy.

Bangkok
1 post
1 review
9. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

How long does it take from Milan to Cimque Terre ? We would like ti be there in October. Pasinee

United States
Level Contributor
10,107 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: train from Milan to Cinque Terre

Look at the train links posted in #1 or #5 to check the schedules and times. You will need to use the name of one of the villages as your destination. There will be a schedule change in June but it doesn't vary much.

TAB