We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

I know that Frecciarossa goes faster, but wanted to know what peoples opinions are that have actually been on both. We'll be coming from Florence to Rome, and not sure which train to choose.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
1. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

It makes no difference. Just make sure that the train departs from SMN Station in Florence (since a handful of AV trains depart from Campo di Marte).

If you go to the Trenitalia website, you'll see a detailed description of both AV train categories, and you'll be able to discern the technical distinctions. However, these are distinctions without a difference in terms of the travel experience between Florence and Rome.

In case you didn't notice, the Frecciargento is actually two minutes FASTER than the Frecciarossa from Florence SMN to Roma Termini!!!! (it is a slightly shorter train).

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
102,836 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

Choose the one that leaves Florence at the time you want to travel.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

Thx for the help!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

Ok, I'm trying to call this company to make a reservation, but can't get through. I'm calling from US and the number they have listed on the site 0039 06 68475475 isn't working. Does anybody know of another?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

I'm trying to book online, but not sure about the 30 meno n 15 meno. Also when I tried to book last it kept putting us away from each other. Is there a way to pick our seats from Florence to Rome?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
6. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

From the US, you have to call 011 39 etc.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
7. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

You won't be able to book online with an American credit card.

Seat numbering on the ES trains is abstruse.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

They keep trying to give me Coach: 11 Seat: 22 , 28. Are these next to each other?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
102,836 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
9. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

Stop worrying about this, as it is highly unlikely that the Trenitalia site will accept your US credit card. Just buy your tickets at a station when you get to Italy.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
193 reviews
95 helpful votes
10. Re: Frecciarossa vs Frecciargento

If you are having any troubles booking we managed to use a Canadian Mastercard with no problem on http://www.seat61.com/Italy-trains.htm (which has fantasic explanations) and from there follow the link to http://www.trenitalia.com/ which is where we actually purchased our tickets. All seating is pre-assigned but they try to get you as close as possible. It works for Canadians but may not for Americans. Don't even think about using American Express, it's the worst possible card to travel with.