We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
245 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

Hello,

We will be traveling to Europe for 1 month and doing a lot of walking. I'm looking for a cute pair of black sandals, that are comfortable but not ugly. I have silver sandals and also gold ones (that are both cute but don't think I can wear them for long walking days), so I desperately need black everyday sandals or comfy flip flops to do some major walking in, that could double for going out at night. HELP! I'm a 32 year old female.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,437 Reviews
from $82.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from $412.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
6,896 Reviews
from $112.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,815 Reviews
from $60.80*
$67.50
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

Flip Flops and cute sandals are all likely to be bad for your feet and extensive walking. After a day in the cute shoes in Rome (on the rough cobblestones) , maybe not-cute might have some appeal. 90% of podiatist patients are women fron what women to to theri feet in the name of fashion.

Search especially the Rome TA Forum for cute (or maybe evern ugly). I beleive ther have been recent psots with extensive discussions.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

If all else fails, it's not too difficult to get women's shoes here up to a continental size 42.

I'll leave you to work out what that means in your system...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size#Adults

Mens tend to be hard to find over 45 - and, after 46, you can just about forget it even at a Timberland shop or the like; I've been advised to get my toes removed before now!

If you've ever worked or spent a day at a trade fair etc, you'll perhaps know what to look for?

Peter

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

My daughter loves shoes. The shoes in Italy are very cute. If you have an average women's foot (not too long or wide) Italy is a bonanza of cute shoes.

Edited: 10:17 am, July 06, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,517 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

Take a look at Merrils. They have a good web site where you can see all their styles. They have some very comfy and nice looking walking sandals.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

I had a similar issue regarding sandals and I can't recall if it was this site or another (similar) site where someone had recommended these Ecco (gladiator) sandals and I just got them and they are extremely comfortable and versatile.

See link:

www.zappos.com/ecco-gladiator-sandals…

Either way, there are plenty of options on that site if you 'google" it.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

I've always been a fan of Dansko shoes, for work and for walking. I recently bought a pair of the "Cailey" sandals, and I like them quite a bit. They're not too unstylish, I think.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

Unless you are going to wear them on the beach, or in a shared shower to protect from fungi, or to Walmart, PLEASE no flip-flops.

1. The look tacky and cheap no matter how much bling the maker sticks onto them or how much you overpay for them.

2. They are terrible for your feet, joints, ankles, and lower legs if you walk any distance at all.

3. Walking on cobblestones, uneven and narrow sidewalks, paths, etc. with flip-flops exponentially increases your odds of a vacation-dampening injury to your toes, feet, or ankles.

Even sandals would be much better, even though not ideal.

8. Re: Best/ Cute Walking Sandals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 04, 2011