We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy Honeymoon

London
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Italy Honeymoon

Dear All,

My fiancé and I are heading to Italy for our Honeymoon in the end of July. From 26th July for about 7-10 days.

We are heading to Rome first and have already sorted out our accommodation etc.

But we are hoping to head somewhere in Italy which is VERY romantic, fairly quite (not busy like a city) and has stunning coast line, beautiful beaches, character town to explore and a perfect Honeymoon destination.

We were thinking either Sardinia, Capri or Sicily but to be honest flights to and from Italy from those islands to head back home to the UK are too difficult and it'll be easier to visit somewhere more mainland but close to an airport (an hour away max). We don’t mind catching a train from Rome obviously if there are places on the East coast of Italy.

I hope you can help.

Many thanks

Jack

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy Honeymoon

Hi Jack!

(That must go down well on planes?)

Two suggestions for you - both places that Romans themselves go to....

Sperlonga is a lovely small town, about an hour south by train, and then a short bus or taxi ride.....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/slides_sperlonga

The Pontine islands (Ponza and Ventotene) - which, as I remember, you can get to by boat or hydrofoil from Anzio, Formia etc:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/ventotene

Otherwise of course you could always come down to Ischia?

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

That enough get you started? Do remember though, nowhere will be quiet at that time of year!

Peter

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
230 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy Honeymoon

the Gulf of Poets in the Liguria region is just 45 minutes from Pisa airport and it's beautiful! very romantic...

3. Re: Italy Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 26, 2010