We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Milan to Monaco

Baltiimore
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Train from Milan to Monaco

We will be arriving in Milan at 6:35 AM and would like to get to the Milano Centrale Train Station and then board a train to Monaco. My questions are:

Is it easy to take a train from the airport to Milano Centrale Train Station or would you advise we take a cab.

Also, when I checked Rail Europe for trains to Monaco from Milan, I saw one that left Milan at 11:10 AM and arrived in Monaco at 3:45 PM. It didn't list any stops in between the two cities and it did not indicate if we had to change trains. Are there any stops along the way? Do we change trains?

One final question, will we have enough time to make that 11:10 connection from Milano Centrale Train Station if our flight arrives in Milan at 6:35 AM?

Thanks for your assistance.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
13,003 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Train from Milan to Monaco

There are continuous airport shuttle buses which take you directly to Milano Centrale. They will be at the curb outside of the luggage claim area. You can purchase the tickets inside the terminal or from the driver. The trip takes approximately 1 hr. There is plenty of luggage storage under the bus.

For train schedules use www.trenitalia.com;click on English. You can purchase the tickets on Raileurope, or when you arrive at the Milan train station. The English friendly ticket machines which accept credit cards and will be located in the terminal as you enter from the bus area.

The 11am and 3PM trains do not require any change of trains. I think that you will make this 11am unless of course you plane is delayed.

Enjoy!!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,230 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Train from Milan to Monaco

Plenty of time to make the 11.10 AM train. Remember: take the bus from the airport, NOT the train (the train ends up at another station!).

For your future reference, do NOT use RailEurope for information -- their website does NOT list all trains (and seels tickets with a huge markup by the way!).

3. Re: Train from Milan to Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2009