We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

web site B&B Planet for accomodations

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
web site B&B Planet for accomodations

Does anyone know the web site www.bbplanet.it for accommodations in Italy. They appear to offer some nice apartment choices in Lucca, but when I try to use their service to contact the owners, there is no response. This means no response after about a week. Also there does not appear to be any way to contact the web site proprietors directly.

Anyone have any knowledge of those people?

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,429 Reviews
from $83.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
537 Reviews
from $415.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany 1-Day Sightseeing Tour with...
6,890 Reviews
from $113.20*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,809 Reviews
from $61.10*
$67.90
north carolina
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

bump this up, please.

Grazie,

Roadgard

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

Well, apparently no one has any knowledge of these guys.

After six weeks of trying to do business with them, I guess I now have some knowledge. Which is: don't waste your time. I have made numerous efforts to contact the web site and/or the people who advertise apartments there and have had absolutely no response - none - zero - zilch. So friends, don't waster your time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

I have had absolutely no problem with this site. I made several inquiries to many apartments and B&Bs and heard back usually within 24-48 48 hrs with availability or other dates available and we had good information to make our choices. We have not 'been' there yet, but the owners of the places we are staying have contacted us directly with contact numbers for our arrival time etc. However, you are right, there doesn't seem to be any way to contact the people in charge of the website for any other questions. Another site has a thread discussing this company, it's …virtualtourist.com/discussion-422326-1-1-Tr… Some reassurance

Vancouver
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

Just returned from a month in Italy and we stayed at 4 locations booked through BBPlanet.it. We chose apartments as our stays were for 4-7 nights in these locations and they were great. Venice, Florence, Sorrento, Sienna. One location, Verona (only 1 night stay) didn't work out because of double booking, but they found another place for us. Not sure why you didn't hear back from the site - it worked really well for me. You make a selection from the website and give info about your dates needed (reviews and location maps are included for each rental). They respond with an "offer' of availability with the price for that time period. You have usually a week to respond to the offer. Once you choose, you get an email directly from the company for deposit and cancellation etc. The owner then contacts you with contact info for arrival etc. It really was an easy site to use, lots of photos and I am really glad we used it. The apartments we chose were all in the 'heart' of the cities and could walk to everything. There are B&Bs and apts available. I have already recommended them to lots of folks!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

Yep, just used last weekend (for the first time!) to book a flat for a weekend. Worked really well!!

I love the interface where they keep track of all the requests you've sent and the properties you've viewed. Of course you'd much prefer real time availability, but when that's not available (when dealing with smaller hotels and b&b's) bbplanet interface is top notch!!!

I guess your success rate depends a lot on the property manager that you're requesting info from and eventually booking. You get all the mails back with availability (or lack thereof) and once you book get the contact details of the property owner. In my case the property mgr was very professional so was no probs.

Having said all that - at the time of booking i was given the option of "paying in full on arrival" - which i of course chose. Given some of the comments in this thread i would not book where any money is requested upfront, as it seems that there is no way to contact the bbplanet customer service....

Upon return, i received a mail from bbplanet asking for feeback on the property and their ad - another good sign. But a conact phone number on the site is a must as far as i'm concerned!!!!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

Okay, good to know - so I may try them again some day.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

I had a negative experience using B&B Planet to book a room in Rome. I had to cancel my stay at Lucretia's Rooms and after contacting the manager directly via e-mail and sending him an SMS more than a week ahead of the date I was to arrive, I received no reply. Since it was my first time using B&B Planet service, I wasn't aware that I had to cancel through its site and when I did it 6 days before I was due to arrive, I was denied a refund. Upon my return home, I emailed the company a number of times to request a refund but never received any reply. Will never use B&B Planet again - when there are other sites which can reserve without a deposit.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

I'm a holiday home owner and I rent a my holiday home in Tuscany trough BBplanet too. I think the no-answer depends on the owner: when the customer uses the service, the owner receives the e-mail...I usually check my e-mail twice or tree times a day and I answer to the questions in few hours...maybe people had problems with owners they check their e-mail only sometimes...

regards

silvia

Mentioned in this post
Home in Florence B&B
Home in Florence B&B
443 Reviews
Florence, Italy
San Diego
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

I've been exploring some possible apartments near the Sorrento region of Italy on their site, but I am also hesitant about paying in advance. One writer mentioned other web sites where this is not necessary. I'm wondering which you would recommend?

Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
62 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: web site B&B Planet for accomodations

> I am also hesitant about paying in advance. One writer mentioned other

> web sites where this is not necessary. I'm wondering which you would

> recommend?

Hi,

I would recommend venere.com - I've booked with that site before without any problems. No deposit is demanded and booking confirmation is immediately issued. I have also cancelled bookings via the website without getting charged - cancellation confirmation is given, no hanky panky with my credit card.

B&B Planet has really BAD (read: non-existent) customer service and it can be hard to pose questions to B&B managers about the establishment via the site because of the interface. Using Venere.com, I have found that the managers contact me directly and my questions are answered promptly.

However, I'm finding out that it sometimes costs a little more to book through these sites so for my trip this November, I've taken to surfing those booking sites (especially for the reviews), then Googling for the hotel's website and contacting the establishments directly to eliminate the third-party charge (hey, I gotta cut costs where I can with the euro exchange rate being so steep). It takes a bit more effort but the savings can be substantial.

I've found that when dealing directly with hotels, I'm usually asked for a credit card number just to secure the booking (a no-show charge might be applied if no cancellation is made) whereas a B&B proprietor might ask for a deposit and a credit card number. I reckon if there any disputes later on, you can contact the bank issuing your credit card to reverse the charges - I've found American banks to be very efficient with handling credit card disputes.

I hope this is helpful. :-)