We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

New York,ny
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

I tried to sign up for an Italian course but it didn't quite work out! I am leaving next Friday so I figured I could get a DVD or CD to listen to on the way. I also have a portable dvd player if there is a dvd someone recommends. So does anyone have any recommendations as to which program I should use? Is one easier to learn in 10 days...

I have 10 days plus all the time flying (NYC - Venice)

and traveling from city to city.

I am pretty good at picking up languages....

Thanks!!

Best Seller
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,951 reviews
from $76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from $411.30*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,814 reviews
from $123.40*
Best Seller
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,692 reviews
from $112.20*
New York,ny
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

anyone?

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

lovethesun,post this same question on the Rome forum and the Venice forum and see what happens. I am afraid that I can't help you.I tried to look for listening type CDs at places like BestBuy and CircuitCity and could find none. I just use the computer websites and the "get by in Italian" threads that Nolana starts on the Rome forums. I am sorry, but I do believe that you will have abetter chance of getting a response on specific forums!! Good luck !

New York,ny
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

Thanks Wittyone

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

Get DK Eyewitness "15 Minute Italian"

Easy to follow with 2 CDs and a great little learning book that can double as a phrase & word book while you travel. Easy and quick to learn some conversational Italian and is very inexpensive at about $15-18 USD.

They make excellent guidebooks too that I always recommend so the language stuff should be readily available at any major bookstore and definitely online. Was a perfect refresher for me after I took my college course 8 years prior.

Buona fortuna! LL

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

Get DK Eyewitness "15 Minute Italian"

Easy to follow with 2 CDs and a great little learning book that can double as a phrase & word book while you travel. Easy and quick to learn some conversational Italian and is very inexpensive at about $15-18 USD.

They make excellent guidebooks too that I always recommend so the language stuff should be readily available at any major bookstore and definitely online. Was a perfect refresher for me after I took my college course 8 years prior.

Buona fortuna! LL

New York,ny
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

Thanks for the advice

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

Give a try in here:

http://www.bbcactive.com/languages/italian/

Enjoy your vacation ;)

8. Re: Want to Learn Italian?!..10 days to go! Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 03, 2009