We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi FCO Rome airport to Cavalieri, cost for 6 with bags

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
474 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi FCO Rome airport to Cavalieri, cost for 6 with bags

We are a family of 6, 2 kids and 4 adults. Do we take to cabs or can we find a large cab. Hotel quoted 165 for the trip to the hotel if they send a car. Overnight flight from California so kids will be tired. Can we use uber?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel California
Hotel California
998 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Appia Antica Resort
Appia Antica Resort
#1 of 1,269 hotels in Rome
Hotel Villa Steno
Hotel Villa Steno
#1 of 20 hotels in Monterosso al Mare
Hotel David
Hotel David
#1 of 413 hotels in Florence
2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi FCO Rome airport to Cavalieri, cost for 6 with bags

I suggest you check with a car service yourself as you may well find it less pricey - check with www.romecabs.com and/or www.romeshuttlelimousine.com (not a shuttle, a private vehicle in spite of "shuttle" in its names)

Since you won't be able to get the flat taxi fare as your hotel is outside the walls - a regular taxi would be on meter and with a private car service they can send a vehicle appropriate for your size party

Both these companies get good reviews - I just again used romecabs last month and was pleased as ever

Uber is Uber Black there - not what you know as Uber in L.A. I'd go with the private car service, personally.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi FCO Rome airport to Cavalieri, cost for 6 with bags

Definitely use Rome Cabs, IMO, especially due to traveling with kids. There are few things better than seeing your name on a waiting driver’s placard when you are travel weary.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Reply to: Taxi FCO Rome airport to Cavalieri, cost for 6 with bags
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;