We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Train Italia Tickets

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Train Italia Tickets

hi guys,

Just wondering, are last minute train tickets more expensive than buying tickets in advance on Train Italia?

For an existing purchased tickets, is it possible to make changes? I tried going to TrainItalia Website so I could speak to some agent and for some reason Live Chat was not available. I have already purchased a train ticket from Venice to Vernazza (Cinque Terre) but I would like to modify and add a stop at Pisa

Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,677 Reviews
from $73.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
7,065 Reviews
from $106.10*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,941 Reviews
from $57.80*
3 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,721 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Train Italia Tickets

The www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en 0847 train from Venice to Vernazza stops at Pisa.

After visiting Pisa purchase a train ticket at Pisa Central to Vernazza 11.70 euro

Travelling on regional trains, validate your train ticket before boarding in the validation box.

Twenty minute walk from Pisa central to the Tower, or take the bus.

There is luggage storage at Pisa central station

www.aboutpisa.info www.incinqueterre.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,611 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Train Italia Tickets

Tickets for local (Regionale) trains are always the same price. Except in Liguria, online tickets are valid for 4 hours after the booked train and tickets bought in Italy are valid for 4 hours after validation.

Tickets for other trains are cheapest if bought 4 months ahead. No discounted tickets are sold on the day of travel, so you will always pay full Base price if you buy just before travel.

Whether you can make changes depends on the kind of ticket you bought. Super Economy tickets are strictly "No change, no refund". Economy tickets can be changed once up until the day of travel, but only at a station in Italy and on payment of the difference between the Economy fare paid and the full Base fare. Base tickets can be change at no cost up to an hour after the booked time.

Incidentally, the trading name is Trenitalia.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,936 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Train Italia Tickets

As advised, exchange and refund conditions are different for different types of train and for different categories of ticket. There is a clickable 'i' for information by each ticket type on the website which will tell you the conditions for each leg of your journey.

Reply to: Last Minute Train Italia Tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted