We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/car parking

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel/car parking

Please can someone help we will be travelling from Barcelona to Valencia in Sept 2014 and have already booked hire car but don't fancy driving into Valencia city centre so we are looking for hotel or apartments with car parking and good public transport links into city centre, but not too far out.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
889 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/car parking

Hi nighill - are you planning on stopping off on the way from Barcelona to Valencia or just driving straight to Valencia from Barcelona? The reason I ask is because I am wondering whether you will actually need to hire a car. A car in Valencia is probably more of a hindrance than a help for a holiday.

Last Easter I stayed with friends at Hostal Muralleta in Riba-roja de Turia, which is north west of the city. Lovely little hotel in a beautiful area. It's a short drive from the metro stop at L'Eliana which is about 45 minutes from the Xativa stop in the city centre. Parking is free at L'Eliana, although there are only 39 spaces.

When you say 'not too far out', what kind of time would consider reasonable to spend travelling into the city? By the time you have paid for metro tickets for your group you may find it costs the same to leave the car in a parking garage in town, even if that's all you are doing and not using it. You may also think that it's not worth spending your time travelling in and out of the city.

2. Re: Hotel/car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, March 14, 2015