We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North West
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Hi

I've seen a few old posts asking this question (May 2012 most recent), but hoped that new developments in Alicante Airport might have aided this journey. Can anyone advise please? I will be doing this journey several times in 2014 (and also Alicante Airport to Valencia) and would like to know if there is a viable alternative to car-hire.

Thanks in advance!

Karen

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,597 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Bus www.alsa.es

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Karen:

For train travel, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

We were also faced with this journey recently. There are two public transport options. You can catch a bus from Alicante airport to Valencia but this requires a change in Benidorm and seems to be generally the slightly more expensive and longer option. The alternative is to catch the airport bus from Alicante airport to Alicante, about 30 mins and then the train to Valencia, under two hours.

This depends a bit on where you want to be in Valencia, as a metro trip could equalise the price and also the time of day, the buses run later than the trains.

Bus and train information as in earlier posts.

North West
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Thank you all for your replies. I am here in Valencia now and can see the Renfe train info on their website (using BennyMalaga´s very useful instructions - thank you!)

I am happy with the train from Valencia Joaquin Sorolla, but this takes me to "Alicante/Alacant". I assume this is the city of Alicante? Is it easy to catch the bus from there to Alicante airport? Would I need to pre-book this also?

Thank you all again.

Karen

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
513 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Yes that's Alicante, no you don't need to pre book the bus. It's about €3 and the stop is close to the railway station, sorry I don't know exactly where as I didn't make the trip, just the arrangements. They run about every 15 minutes and it's the C6

North West
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

Thanks all, very helpful!

7. Re: Travelling from city to Alicante Airport on public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 13, 2015