We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central in Valencia

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Central in Valencia

looking to spend a few days in Valencia next week. would like to be as central as possible for site seeing. I'm looking at a few hotels which give their distance to 'City Centre', but is this the gauge. I should be using? Or would I be better off see where they are in relation to one of the areas on map such as La Roqueta or El Mercat for instance?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central in Valencia

I've just come back from 10 days in Valencia and stayed in an apartment, centrally located, within walking distance of all the major historical sights. Within 250m of Colon metro station. We were a 10 minute stroll to the Cathedral. The city isn't big, and is quite easy to get around, so if you're looking at hotels, my tip would be to find one either close to one of the major attractions, or close to a metro station - and if you don't want to walk, you can at least hop on the metro.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central in Valencia

thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,309 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central in Valencia

lee:

City center is the Plaza del Ayuntamiento. I stayed at the Melia Hotel there and could walk to most of the sights.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,310 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central in Valencia

I agree with Benny, have also stayed at the Melia and it is very central. They should have some good rates for August as it is mainly a business hotel.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central in Valencia

Another good location to stay is near the Cathedral by Plaza Virgen, the Barrio del Carmen area. The City of Arts and Sciences is not in the city center but located almost half an hour walking from the three main squares: Plaza Ayuntamiento, Plaza Reina, And Plaza Virgen...

Have fun, Valencia is very ´walkable´indeed!

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central in Valencia

Thanks you everyone for your input. we were looking at Valencia as BA had some really, really good deals, but when I investigated further the flights were to Alicante, so we kinda gave up. Normally do our city trips late Sept / Oct so will add to list for future. Don't think I could have coped with walking about in 37+ degrees as well..

7. Re: Central in Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Valencia