We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise terminal to bioparc

bolton
Level Contributor
44 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise terminal to bioparc

I am arriving on a weekday morning for the day and am unsure as to the easiest way to get on the metro/ tram network. On google maps there seem to be some tram stops "Manuel Soto Enginyer"? close by, or metro stations further away. Will they get me to a metro station or downtown quite easily? Can I buy my ticket on the tram or are there ticket machines at the stop, etc? Any rough idea how long this journey takes? Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

Hi there - one of the top questions to the right of your screen if you are using a PC/laptop is 'How can I go from the cruise terminal to downtown?', so have a look at that.

The cruise terminal at Carrer Manuel Soto Enginyer is close to three metro stops - Grau Canyamelar (on lines 5 & 6), Francesc Cubells (line 5) and Maritim-Serreria (on lines 5 & 6). The tram system is the metro (Metrovalencia) - it is not clear from your post whether you know this; parts of it are overground and parts of it are underground. Have a look at a map for which you think would be easiest for you to get to, bearing in mind that you'll have more choice of trams at a stop on two lines!

You will need to purchase tickets at a ticket machine at the metro stop/station. You can pay by card or cash. The Metro takes around 15 minutes to the centre of town (Xativa metro station), but allow longer for walking to the stop from the cruise terminal. The Metrovalencia website is available in English for more detailed information - http://www.metrovalencia.es. You can download a network map there and get fare and timetable info. There are also a couple of Metrovalencia apps you might find useful which you can download free from your app store for use on your smartphone, if you have one.

Alternatively you could get the No 4 bus from the Joan Verdaguer - Port stop to Plaza del Ayuntamiento. The bus takes about 35 mins. See http://www.emtvalencia.es - also available in English for more info.

Hope that helps

bolton
Level Contributor
44 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

Fantastic information. Was a bit confused as to the tram/ bus stops/ metro but now fully understand cheers.

Am planning to make 4 separate journeys from one of your port metro stops to almeda, then few hours later to nou d'octubre, before doing simiar centre detour on the return. I take it my best value ticket will be a T1 day pass. Will this be just as easy to buy at an overground station as an undergound; and can I buy the pass at any time (ie not after 9pm or so as in some cities)?

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

Hi there - as I understand it, the ticket machines are the same at all stations/stops on the network. You'd have to have a thorough look at the Metrovalencia website regarding when you can buy the ticket you want, I don't know. Be aware that you may need to pay EUR1 for a card you then charge your ticket to - you can pay more for a plastic card if you like, but there's no need. The ticket machine will automatically add the EUR1 when you make your first purchase unless you already have a card to recharge; it's a bit like the oyster card system in London.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

FAIL

First of all, you must know where your ship docks... Check guide at right

In case your ship docks at the cruise terminal located near Ingeniero Manuel Soto you just has to take bus line 3, on the same street, and (it takes about one hour) leave it at the bus stop JUST beside Nou d´octubre metro station..and then walk to Bioparc´s entrance. So, what is the point to get a metro / tram?

So, what is the point of write so long and confusing answers?

Stuck on guides at right, many people answering questions here are not "ejperts" at all.

Edited: 4:27 pm, June 19, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

I never professed to be an 'ejpert' Taxi-Fan, but I did answer the question the OP asked, which was posted on 9 June. In my experience, people want information on TA and while I understand it can be frustrating when posters ask questions which may have been asked many times before, sometimes simply referring someone to one of the top questions only partially answers their query. Maybe the OP wants to use the metro system - their choice - whatever one may think about the quickest/most straightforward mode of transport (and google maps shows the metro as the quickest route to the centre of town, even with a walk to the metro station). I have re-read my replies and can't see that they are 'confusing'.

bolton
Level Contributor
44 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

To be honest, I asked quite a few specific questions that Grecofan2 replied and answered to the best of his knowledge within a few days. I possibly may use the metro to stop in the centre also.

I do wholly appreciate taxi-fan's additional information which is also valid and extremely helpful, providing more options. Many thanks to you both.

Anyone who posts/ answers questions in good faith gets my appreciation. It goes without saying that I do check through any advice or option rather than "blindly" follow.

7. Re: Cruise terminal to bioparc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 22, 2014