We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Taichung, T'ai-wan...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Wont go on too much but this seems to be a major secret in Spain. I have spent hours trying to talk to Renfe and Tourist information of finding out exactly where the station entrance is.I am told it is not the Valencia North entrance but no one can tell me where it is. I need to find the station so I can book a hotel within walking distance. Thanks in advance fr any help.

Taichung, T'ai-wan...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Just to say after a huge effort (CSI wouldnt have a scratch on me) I found the station is located to the south of Valencia North and Google maps does not show it. Now all I need is a hotel within walking distance.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Did you look in the Top Questions? In Arriving & Departing, there are addresses for the 2 stations as well as other information. I'll make a Google map and put it in as well.

There used to be a Top Question about the stations; it's gone missing. I'll need CSI too to find it, lol.

Arriving & Departing:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187529-c175883/Valen…

Google map of the 2 stations:

http://goo.gl/maps/uPIVm

If you have a train ticket, you can ride the shuttle bus for free. Pls see the Top Question for details.

Edited: 1:19 pm, January 28, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,560 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Pro:

Joaquin Sorolla Station is located at Calle San Vicente Martir, 171.

Taichung, T'ai-wan...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

That address on Google maps is just the post office linked to the station

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

I think the issue with google maps' streetview is that the photography on there pre-dates the construction of the station, which was completed in 2010 (it states the images are from June 2008). If you google images of Joaquin Sorolla station instead, you will see photographs of the entrance: you will not be able to miss it - in some photos you can see the Correos building next to it (in the background).

From comparing the google maps images and the photos, it looks as the though the entrance has been constructed on the derelict land to the left of the Correos site as you look at the google maps streetview.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Grecofan makes a good point about the DATE of the Google Streetview map. I use Streetview regularly but I always check the date to see if the pics are new or old.

Anyway, the Google map I linked is correct and shows the location of the train stations. If you want to find a hotel near one, just tell us what budget. Or use the map on TA Valencia Hotels or www.booking.com

Edited: 10:20 am, January 30, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

Here's one near Joaquin Sorolla.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187529-d456183…

I'd rather stay near the old city or the old train station. The area around Joaquin Sorolla doesn't have much to offer.

8. Re: How on earth can I find Joaquin Sorolla station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 01, 2014