We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante to Valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Alicante to Valencia

Hi all, I'll be visiting Valencia in September but I have to fly to Alicante as my local airport does not fly to VLC. I've been to this part of Spain many times, but I have not travelled alone. I was wondering what in people's opinion's is the easiest method to travel up to Valencia from Alicante? I'll probably be travelling alone and maybe at night so I'm looking for the quickest and safest way, but least hassle nad I don't want to hire a car as I'm only in Spain for a few days. Train or bus? Is it better to pre book etc? and a rough Idea on prices. Any reply will be appreciated. Thanks

Coventry, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante to Valencia

*From Alicante Airport.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante to Valencia

Train is the quickest option. It´ll take you about 1.5 - 2 hrs. Prices between (approx.) 18 and 30 euros, depending on which train you take. There are no night trains, though.

Check the timetable on www.renfe.com

The bus is another option. Some buses leave directly from Alicante Airport, but the night buses leave from the Alicante bus station. So you would have to take a taxi from the airport to the bus station. The fastest trips by coach take about 2.5 hours and will cost about 20 euros. Be careful: some buses will take as long as 5.5 hours to get to Valencia!!! Check www.alsa.es for the timetable.

3. Re: Alicante to Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 12, 2013