We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Valencia etc

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Valencia etc

Hi to everyone at the forum.

My partner and I are going to Valencia the last weekend of March (25th-) and I'm trying to book a good hotel for us.

I've been a couple of times before, once to the Melia Ingles and once to the Astoria Palace.

I've just got a few of questions and would be really greatful if anyone could help:

1. My partner will have a big backpack with her and we are a bit worried that we won't be received well and perhaps will feel very out of place if we stay in a 4-5* star hotel. Do you think this is the case?

2. Does anyone know how long it actually takes to walk from the Melia Valencia Palace into the historical part of town?

3. Is the Melia Valencia Palace a really good hotel? Worth the money?

4. How do people get the amazing deals they speak of? Is 45 euros per night per person (without breakfast) O.K. for, say, the Melia Ingles?

Thank you,

Ben

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Valencia etc

I don't think you'll cause any more of a scene than normal tourists do in Valencia. There are so many students around and so you get a few odd looks in the lobby of the Melia. I love the Ingles which is usually fully booked.The Palace is a ways out of the center but might be a good midway from center to Beach. You might try looking up Bancotel or the SOl Melia website and looking for the Talones (coupons) that come in 50 euros increments. Some hotels will charge 1 or 2 talones per night if available.

The Hotel Venezia is a 2 star with a super location in the center of town and more backpacker style.

I lived 2 years there - am happy to offer opinions!

London
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Valencia etc

How do the Talones work exactly?

Do I have to buy from the sol melia site?

The Ingles looks pretty booked up but the palace is going cheap at the moment.

But I'd really like to be in the historic part not further out...

What do you think of Astoria Palace? And Hotel Sorolla?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help,

Ben

Get answers to your questions about Valencia