We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Madrid to Valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Drive Madrid to Valencia

Hi,

Roughly what is the drive time from the International airport in Madrid to Valencia?

Also what is the best part of the city to stay in to fully experience the full vigor of Fallas?

Thanks

Duf

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive Madrid to Valencia

Hi,

From Madrid International Airport to Valencia you have a 3 hours and 30 minutes drive approximately. Just follow the M-40 that is one of Madrid ring roads and follow the A-3 road towards Valencia. Valencia is at 355 km from Madrid.

Without any doubt the best place to enjoy Las Fallas is downtown although there are also some inconveniences because it is full of people and more noisy. Therefore any hotel such as Melia Plaza, Astoria, Bristol, Mediterraneo, Valencia, Continental, Llar, Conqueridor, Zenit, Sorolla (not Sorolla Palace), Porta de la Mar, Vincci (both hotels), Venecia, Excelsior, Ad Hoc, Inglés, Dimar, Botanico, are downtown hotels.

But other hotels such as Valencia Palace, Westin, NH Center, Turia, Expo Hotel, Hilton, Sorolla Palace are not downtown but well connected downtown by underground or at a walking distance.

Other recommendation is to stay in an apartment check www.valenciaflats.com

For more info about Las Fallas check: www.fallasfromvalencia.info

Enjoy Valencia

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive Madrid to Valencia

the road to valencia can be very congested on popular holidays, so be prepared to spend more time if you plan to drive on the weekend. you will definitely not need a car in valencia if you're there during the fallas. train or ever fly mad to vlc can work cheaper than car hire+petrol+paying for parking once in valencia. just some thoughts!

during the festival i'd like to stay near the centre but *not* in the centre. unless you plan not to get any sleep at all during all your stay! :)

madrid
Level Contributor
428 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive Madrid to Valencia

i agree with the list of hotesl given by tofoo, the key is to be not right upon a noisi falla, there are fallas all over the city, most of them are small size but the bigger and the more centrical the noisier are as they put some music on the street and sell drinks (legally) ans amy stay open until about to 2 or 3am.

For example i would avoid Sueca street . But the hotels that user has given, they are not so centrical near big avenues (no fallas right down your window, in theory) and well connected with the center by metro or just walking. Metro will open 24h those days.

CAC area is also quiet, but public transport is only with buses (tram under construction) and it's about 20 to 30 minutes walking to the center.

I also add my own little contribution to fallas

http://www.fotosfallas.com

4. Re: Drive Madrid to Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2010